Claimed:Brampton End of Season Wrap Up

Baozi

• Head Moderator

Brampton End of Season Wrap Up

www.VHLHockeyNews.com

christmas_rose_a.jpg

Terence Fong, the VHLM GM of the Brampton Blades held a press conference today, his end of season wrap up with the press before the players were officially released from the roster and into the off-season. 

"Thank you all for coming here today as we close out the S39 season for the Brampton Blades. Losing in the playoffs is never an easy pill to swallow but I am extremely proud of my guys for playing as well as they did through the entire season.

When we first started this season, nobody in hell had given us a chance at making the playoffs, let alone duking it out with the best two teams in the league this year. But we persevered, worked hard and stuck to the game plan and we found ourselves in a matchup with a very good Saskatoon Wild team.  It came down to a game 7 and we put everything on the line there so there was nothing to be ashamed after the game. It would've been nice to go even deeper but it is what it is and here I am looking to talk a bit about some of the guys on the team that made this season an exciting one for fans.

battalion_coyotes_picture.jpg

Nik Kurri:  There is some talent there, but he needs to work harder. He has the potential to reach the VHL in a few seasons but he will have to buckle down and really commit to that path.

Bobby Ricky: I love this kid, he is raw but he is determined. I think whichever team picks him up and gives him some coaching will pick up a real gem of a player. He started off slow but towards the end of the season he was showing some definite skill playing limited minutes.

Ikier Manushez:  He had a great season and came up big for us on several games. I'd like to see him work harder on his game, he has some talent but sometimes I feel like he is just coasting on it alone. Still a 50 win season is a great achievement for him to have and he played well enough that I am happy with his acquisition.

Mikko Koskinen: He is turning into a really potent player. I think he is poised for a breakout season next year under the right coach. Played well in his limited minutes, unfortunately we were so deep in our forward core that we couldn't see him on the ice more.

Hunter Backenbauer: What a great season from Hunter, he jumped from a 44 player to 116 points. He really seized the opportunity to anchor the second line and the extra power play time I gave him and he was very good in the faceoff dot. I expect him to be back and improving on several areas of his game the next season. With some more practice and work he could be looking at a VHL call up within a season or two.

Lukas Nykvist: Loved this acquisition, from the moment he joined us he was professional on and off the ice. He put in a ton of practice hours and worked hard to improve himself. His jump from 22 points last season to 188 is nothing short of a n all world performance. I think he and Williams are the MVPs of the league. He did everything, put points up and dominated the face off circle. I'll miss him as I am sure he will stick in the VHL next season. I wish him all the best.

Hudson Backenbauer: Another guy with a breakout season with 128 points, he was great in the locker room and took a big step this year to lead the team. I'd like to see him shoot more since he defers to his brother a lot, but he has finally gotten notice that he can score as well. Brampton will be counting on him next year for sure to step up with the departures of Williams and Nykvist.

Tyrone Williams:  His stats show everything. He is dynamic and a hard worker in all facets of the game. He is going to be a star in the VHL one day and likely sooner than later. Was a pleasure to have him on the Blades, not too outspoken and sometimes fairly quiet, but a beast on the ice. One of the best junior players I've ever seen.

Emidas Blair: Started off strong and did well in his first stint in the VHLM. It is unfortunate I will not be able to keep him and he'll head back into the VHLM dispersal draft. Good player with skill, I can see him on a VHL team some day if he keeps working hard. Has great hockey sense and compliments skill guys well.

Brock Weathers: Another guy that is dipping his feet into the VHLM. Initially he showed some flashes of skill but he'll have to wake up and figure out that going pro requires a lot more work than what he is showing currently.

That is pretty much all I wanted to say here, some of these guys will be back next year, some will go into the draft and others will move to the VHL I'd imagine. Was a great team with a great season and I wish all of them a safe and productive off-season."

1157434_598889380154721_616880905_n.jpg?

Edited by tfong