Claimed:Mr. Kingma Goes to Europe

Kingma

FdAMB9x.jpg

COLUMBUS, OH

Season 41 VHLM prospect Kyle Kingma was claimed by the Bern Royals today after a scramble of offers by other teams. Bern beat out Minot, Yukon, and Ottawa for Kingma's pre-Dispersal Draft season. Royals GM jaladolar said of Kingma, "he'll need some work, but we appreciated his determination and made every effort to get him on our team." Kingma, a 6'3", 250lb American power forward joins the Royals early enough in the season to have a strong impact. The Royals are holding their own in the league, but expect Kingma to contribute on the wings and when needed, center.

Kingma was at the rink this morning when he heard that he was now a Bern Royal. "Its exciting", he said, "I've never been to Switzerland, but I've always wanted to visit the CERN supercollider!" When asked what kind of impact he thinks he'll have on the Royals, Kingma said "my goal is to listen to my coaches and fulfill my role as a power forward." Kingma's size makes him tough to defend. He has the ability to control the pace of play with his puck-handling skills and soft hands. Amateur scouts have likened his style to Rick Nash and Peter Forsberg. A scout who wishes to remain anonymous has said that "while Kingma is still pretty green, he has excelled at every level of hockey and I don't think it will take him long to find a niche in the VHLM."

Nash-Web_Content.jpg

Season 40 started out great for the Royals with a seven game win streak. The Royals are scoring on average 4.33 goals per game (third in the league), but are looking for some consistency on the backend. When asked, Kingma stated "I think a good defense is the best offense, with that being said, I feel that my two-way game is pretty strong and that I can bang some bodies on the back check." 

Kingma said he is excited to play alongside what he calls the best centerman in the VHLM, Jody 3 Moons. "I hope I can we can get into some interesting two-on-one situations and just own the league!". When asked about the addition of Kingma to the Royals, Moons said "who?". 

Kingma is working with Swiss customs to get his workers visa and is still looking for a place to stay. "Its been pretty all of a sudden, you know?", he said, "but there are some pretty affordable hostels in Bern and I'm looking forward to the experience." Kingma was asked how he thought the year would play out and where he'd rank himself in the Season 41 Dispersal Draft, "well, I have a lot to prove you know, but I'm lucky to be able to play a pretty decent amount this season and show scouts that I am worthy of a high draft ranking." 

ricknash_3750-640x360.jpg

471 words

• Senior Admin

Our bad, here you go:

Content: 3/3

Nice article, was pretty short but it gave good coverage of your new player and you got your point across well. I think the Royals are surprisingly good this season so you should gave lots of fun there. Welcome to the league!

Grammar 2/2: 

a sudden = the sudden

Appearance: 1/1

Looks good.

Overall: 6/6