Who Is David Blind?

Knight

Who is David Blind?

Just recently, a new goalie entered the Season 41 draft class of the Victory Hockey League. He is a goaltender from the city of Maastricht, Netherlands, and has the potential to be a top star in this historic league. When it comes to net minders, general managers have a tough time assessing the impact that they may have, as well as reliability they can place in them. It is rare to find a franchise goalie. Can David Blind be that character? Scouts rave about his talent and know he has the work ethic to translate that talent into success in the crease. However, questions of his motivation have been asked as there are signs he may not stay interested in a professional hockey career for longer than a few seasons. Regardless of any questions there are surrounding this young man, he will most likely be selected in the draft and have a chance at proving he belongs in the VHL.

6b61b343-54f5-40bc-a227-8d454d5407d8_500
The Dutch have a strong background of speed skating.

Who is David Blind though? What can the VHL expect? Growing up in the Netherlands, David has a strong background of power skating. The Dutch are well known for their Olympic success in speed skating, so one may have thought that David would have pursued an ice hockey career as a forward or defenceman. Strangely enough, however, David took no interest in that side of the game. He always loved denying people so the position of goalie was the one that most suited his personality. Having always been a strong skater for his whole life, many may bemoan the fact that this skill will have gone to waste for a goalie. But, as the VHL will soon find out, David will still be able to utilize this strength in net. His coverage of the net is superb and he uses his powerful legs to push himself side-to-side with ease. It also allows him to remain in great position throughout the entire game, as well as eliminating any potential fatigue goalies generally feel. 

3_shooter_rebound_recovery_hockey_goalie
David will have all his angles covered.

David is eager to get his ice hockey career started, as he feels he has a lot to prove. The VHL has seen few players from the Netherlands grace the ice so he is hoping he put a bit of a spotlight on himself for the betterment of Netherlands ice hockey exposure. The Dutch are quite open and blunt about their feelings, which could make for some interesting interviews and stories. There seems to be a growing protection surrounding players and expressing their views to stop any sort of public negativity towards any of the teams. David will make sure to abolish these constraints while revealing his true feelings regardless of worrying about who it might offend. This may cause some teams to think twice about selecting him in the draft, but at least they can rest assured that he won't be unreasonable - simply brutally honest. 

Never-Say-Sorry-For-Being-Honest.jpg
David will be brutally honest.

Now that the word is out on his intentions to join the Season 41 VHL Entry Draft, both players and general managers are getting excited. Revealed in this short article is a bit about what one can expect from David and how he can impact the VHL. Before long there should be a ton written about him as his stock increases towards draft day. Will David be able to cope with these growing expectations? In a recent interview conducted in his hometown of Maastricht, David had this to say, "To me it will be no problem [on dealing with expectations]. I do not care what people think about me or what they think about my play. My teammates and coaches will be the ones I listen to - not the fans, sports journalists, or hockey experts. I know how to take criticism from those who have earned the right to give it. I will, in turn, criticize my teammates and coaches if I feel they need it. I will not be shy."

Content: 3/3

Fantastic introduction for your player into the league! Goaltender is a very exciting position to play within the STHS, as it is very random at times, but it is nice to see your goalie doing well. Trust me, as you get very good it becomes awesome. 676 words.

Grammar: 2/2

Nothing!

Appearance: 1/1

Love the pictures.

FINAL: 6/6