Claimed:Blake Campbell becomes draft eligible [Final: 6/6]

Banackock

Jack-Campbell.jpg

Blake Campbell playing for the Denver Stars

Everyone could potentially become a great player but there are fewer goalies in professional leagues than players and to be honest, a goalie is a while other create compared to a player. It takes a huge amount of focus, vision, determination and many other things on top of a high skill level. Most goalies train from an extremely young age and it still takes them many years to master with very few coming close to perfecting the position. With people all over the world trying to attempt to make the big leagues in the VHL, your chances are very low to make it. The lower the chances, the harder you will have to work. Many I'm sure are deserving, but there's few more deserving than young goalie prospect Blake Campbell, who absolutely knows a thing or two about putting in the hours to become great.

He's the younger brother of the NHL's Dallas Stars goalie prospect Jack Campbell and he has followed in his foot steps from a very young age. He looked up to his brother for being a great goalie and always wanted to become one, however, he started out as a center. He became good at the position but eventually grew old of it as it wasn't challenging at all for him. It wasn't too long after that he'd eventual find his new challenge. On his 9th birthday, Blake's parents both him a set of Reebok pads with a matching glove, blocker and stick. His helmet dawned a wolf biting his white, big teeth as the face part of the mark. He had never been so excited for hockey season to begin.

It didn't take long for Blake to get the hang of the position and eventually had competitive amateur teams calling his phone consistently at the start of every season. His strong player, determination and effort earned him high reputation among scouts .Professional scouts have labelled the younger Campbell brother as the one with the most potential saying that he's really passionate about making himself better and that in a lot of ways he's become stronger at the position saying he's become the better "Jack Campbell". The brother rivalry is there but it's all fun and games for them. The real rivalry right now for Blake is himself. He wants to make himself the best possible option for any team to take. He wants to be the guy that wins you the game, even if there was a teammate who got a hatty. 

game1_pr2.jpg

Jack Campbell's Agent BANACKOCK released a brief statement earlier this morning from the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado. Within it, he announces Blake Campbell's draft eligibility for the upcoming draft plus more.

"Firstly I would like to say that I am officially announcing that I am eligible in the upcoming draft. Secondly, thank you for the warm welcome to your league and all the help I've received thus far. I'm not going to lie, this is way more overwhelming than the SHL. It has always been an interest of mine to become a goalie and master it. I currently have a very strong offensive winger in the SHL, am helping my roommate with his Dman (and have great results for him) and now have the urge to see if I can figure being a goalie out. My focus is on SHL as I am a CoGM with a good player and have put tons of work into him (been in the SHL since S4). I'm always going away up North to work in a Camp."

His Agent ended it up with a hopeful statement though,

With that said, my full intentions are to turn Blake Campbell into one of the leagues current elite goalies. Who ever picks me, there's a risk but there always is. Help me learn this site and in return I will help you by working my ass to ensure I'm the best I can be in net for you."

Thank You,

Banackock (Goalie - Blake Campbell)

678 Words/2 pics
Edited by Banackock

• Admin

Yeah, I'd imagine you'd be more comfortable in the SHL having joined so early on. Don't be a stranger though, feel free to IM/PM me and countless others. The right attitude and a month you will one of us...

one of us.

one. of. us.

Content: 3/3 

Good content, welcome to the league. I hope the transition isn't too jarring, but there are tons of guys here to help you out.  You'll learn to love this place soon!

Grammar: 2/2  I wasn't trying to be too picky, but there were a number of things that I think were just proofreading errors. Reading out loud will really help you catch some of the obvious ones (I'm looking at you, parents both him).  That being said, it wasn't too hard to figure out, and it's your first, so you get full marks.  Just keep an eye out in the future.

•  a goalie is a while other create compared to a player - I honestly don't get this sentence
  •  but there are few - 's is short for "is" in this sentence, which is singular, and that doesn't match with the plural "few"
  • parents bought him a set of - "both him a set" doesn't compute
  •  a wolf baring his white, big teeth - word choice.  Biting his teeth making it seem like he's somehow eating his own teeth inside his mouth and I have visions of a strange cartoony inside-out-wolf-face 
  • scouts. Professional  - tiny error, you had a space before the period not after it. 
  • Professional scouts have... saying that he's really passionate ...  saying he's become the better - You should break this sentence up with some punctuation if you were trying to repeat yourself for a sense of grammatical style, because the way it's written it just becomes a  run-on sentence.
  • Agent - doesn't need a capital, and you do it in a few places

Appearance: 1/1

Formatted well