Claimed:Nike [FINAL: 5/6]

Nike

Effort: 2/2 - Looks like you're starting out, never easy! Make sure to post all of your sigs in the graphics forum for feedback before submitting the Point Task.

Look: 2/3 - Honestly, you've got some cool concepts in here. I like the composition, and the second render works fairly well. Nice work with the colouring as well. The background is a bit too intense (the contrast between the black and white) and the text could definitely use some work. Check out this thread: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/2501-jacks-guide-to-making-not-shitty-sigs/ for help with some basics with things you might not know about when making sigs.

Creativity: 1/1 - You got it.

Total: 5/6

Big thanks for the reference there! That's a huge difference maker.

As I move away from GIMP and into PS I'll also hope for more tutes to help me along the way :cheers:

Effort: 2/2 - Looks like a good amount of effort.

Look: 2/3 - I like the lighting and general placement of the render and text, but I'd agree that the font could be better. I'm not sure I like the coloring here - the black and white render contrasts a bit too much with the brighter colors of the background, although that could be down to blending a bit more. I'd second the reference to Jackim's sig-making guide, and I would definitely say that it's important to look at tutorials to keep picking up new techniques.

Creativity: 1/1

Total: 5/6

FINAL GRADE: 5/6

• 2 weeks later...