Filip Lundqvist Interview [Final 6/6]

NYR84

FIlip Lundqvist, Bratislava Watchmen goalie Interview

0.jpg

New Starting goalie of the Bratislava Watchmen Filip Lundqvist answering questions.

Filip, you are the new starting goalie of the Bratislava Watchmen, how do you feel about getting the job?

It feels great, I mean yeah, for them to have that kind of faith in me only a few days after claiming me off waivers. It is an amazing feeling to be on this team, but to be able to take the starting job gives me a ton more confidence. I believe in what the GM is doing here, and I think we will be able to assemble a championship caliber team in the coming years.

You come from Are, Sweden, so how easy or hard has it been to adjust playing here in Bratislava?

Well, the GM and my teammates have made it a lot easier than I would have ever imagined it being to adjust to this area. I would say it is has been pretty easy all in all, to be honest I really don't understand the language of the natives here but I can understand that they are passionate hockey fans. I honestly couldn't ask to live in a better place, it even reminds me of back in Sweden how much people here love hockey, it's amazing.

The Watchmen are fighting to get into the playoffs, how will you try to contribute every game you are in net?

The way I want to contribute is obvious. I want to give my team the best chance at winning every night I am in the blue paint, that is it. It doesn't matter if I face five shots or fifty shots, I will give it my all to make every save possible so we can come out with a victory. I want to make sure we land a spot in the playoffs, it doesn't matter if we are the first seed or the last, if we make it, we have a chance to win it all.

How well do you think the GM of the Watchmen has assembled the team thus far?

I think our GM has done a great job, making necessary moves and claiming good young players off waivers, I hope to stay a part of this organization and help it grow immensely. I think this team has championship caliber potential with all the young talent is on here. I won't go out on a limb and say we will turn into a dynasty, but I honestly think that the sky is the limit with this Bratislava Watchmen team.

One More thing, how do you feel right now? Confident in yourself to give your team a chance to win every game?

Of course I do, Henrik has taught me to always keep my spirits high no matter how many goals I give up in a game or no matter how I feel. So I will always try to have the utmost confidence in myself to win every game possible for my team. I want to lead by example in the net, so I can lead this team to victory, night in, and night out.

(Words: 507)

Edited by NYR84

Content: 3/3 - Hopefully you continue to be active and become a great player! Looking forward to reading more media spots from you :) Good luck!

Grammar: 2/2 - I didn't really catch anything. A couple things that would normal need a "and" in there, but it was your player talking. 

Appearance: 1/1 - Looks very nice.

Overall: 6/6