ClapBombsRUs Rookie Review

ClapbombsRus

When I was a young boy watching hockey with my father I aspired to play the sport. I started out as a Tike playing scrimmage games on a local rink. As I hit 5 years of age I played hockey immediately my father put me into skating lessons. Very shortly after I was on my first Timbits hockey team.

My enjoyment for the game started there, where I realized quickly I wanted to play as a goalie!

It was a rocky start as I got used to skating in the new skates. I played minor hockey in Nanaimo and when I tried for my first A team I was so nervous. Things were starting to get harder from here but I was dedicated to bettering my skills. Along with building skills, we had many duties within the community. We helped in soup kitchens which helped show a respect for the community. We were also apart of bottle drives and often helped the elderly with shovelling their walkways. Game after game we were exhausted but tourney after tourney we were top running teams in the leagues.

After making my break into the minors I played a game for the Saskatoon Wild as a Waiver winning the game and earning a point in my first game! Draft day has come and gone, I have been drafted 39th overall to the D.C. Dragons whom I am very excited to play for. In the minor draft I was allocated 39th overall to the Miami Marauders whom i am also very excited to play for. My best friend Ricer is the GM of the team and Tina, his younger brother is the AGM, Although we are not brothers i consider them my brothers! It is going to be great to learn how this league works alongside my bros. The season was long and hard but the the additions to our team on draft day and the Waivers we picked up were able to help us string some wins together. Hard fought game after game we climbed the ranks making it to the playoffs, for a rebuilt team from the ground up i am proud of everyone and there commitment to bettering themselves day in and day out. The support in the Locker Room was unbelievable, every win and every loss, I feel we really grew together as a team and made some real solid connections as we move forward toward a new season coming up. I am grateful to have played beside the players moving up this season and hope to play along side or against them coming up!