Because I Have a Doubles Week

Gustav

On 3/18/2021 at 9:20 AM, GustavMattias said:

1ZEZjyV.png

My failed entry to the banner contest. Certainly wouldn't have deserved to win but I'm proud of it.

wow this is actually pretty good and IMO exceeds your usual offerings. I think the text, although simple, is clean and looks good. The font choice, color/gradient use, and effects on the font make it pop nicely and look clean. The stroke/left-drop-shadow is a BIT jarring on the slimmer/more spaced out 'season 76' text though, so I would have maybe not put the left-dropped-stroke text layer on that line of text, or maybe lessened the distance of the left-drop.

Crosby looks really good for jersey change/logo swap/render quality. I hate the look on his face, but that's his fault. The colourful stock work is great on both renders IMO.... only complaint is how pink/purple the bottom render's face is. You have Crosby who has a fairly clean/unstock'd/de-saturated skintone/face compared to buddy who looks like he's overheating in a cartoon type shit.

with all that said, very nice banner tbh. I like it better than #1 in the final four.  GJ.  Graphic-wise I think it's one of your best showings to date.

8/10

Damn Gus you're getting so good! I like how you pulled off the Chicago jersey swap staying true to Sonnet's design. I can tell how hard it was turning the black chest into red. The two different effects on the top and bottom are neat, the yellow stripeys up top and the red lightning down below look great and switch things up. The text is big, bold, and has a lot of movement to it. Well done!!