Canada's WJC Woes

Toast

With the Medal games said and done, Team Canada has unfortunately seem themselves unable to medal with a loss in the Bronze Medal Game vs. Team World. It was certainly an exciting game where we would see overtime decide who was taking home third place but it was Team World who controlled the offense for majority of the game. Canada would hold a lead for majority of the game but seemingly could not put Team World away and gave up the lead early into the third. Post-game it was clear that the Team Canada players were upset with the loss following the expectation that they could capture Gold in this tournament.

"We let our country down," said captain Phoenix Dawson. "I know that we had the skill to put Team World away but things weren't clicking out there on the ice for us. ClapbombsRUs was fantastic through the night and made sure things weren't worse than they could have been. I am disappointed with my own game and really think that I could have played better but there isn't anything that's going to change the result. I look forward to watching Team Canada in the future and hopefully they'll turn things around in the next WJC."