Hlozek Still Trying to Find His Game Ahead of Playoffs

Bojovnik

The Miami Marauders already look to have their place in the VHLM playoffs secured, as the Florida-based club look to have a firm grip on second place in the Eastern Conference, but a recent blip in form showed that the South Beach side might not still have it all together.

After a remarkable run of form that see the side lose just once in regulation in 20 games, the Marauders fell back to Earth with a bump on Wednesday, with losses to the Philadelphia Reapers and Mexico City Kings in back-to-back games.

The Marauders avenged their loss against the Kings on Thursday, before picking up a 4-1 victory against the Houston Bulls, but some players, notably defenseman Jan Hlozek, have expressed dissatisfaction with their personal performance.

"Something is still not right with my game if I'm honest. We've tightened up defensively and our goaltending has been much better over recent weeks, but I'm still not at the level where I want to be and need to be for the team," Hlozek told reporters on Thursday.

The smooth-skating defenseman burst onto the scene with the Saskatoon Wild last season, scoring 59 points in his debut campaign.

Hlozek was projected to be one of the stars of the VHLM this time around, but the Czech blueliner has only managed 47 points in 56 games, and it remains unclear if he will manage to overcome last season's point total.