Season 40 VHL Draft

Could the season 40 VHL Entry Draft be one of the best drafts in recent memory?  It certainly is shaping up to be just that with an already robust group of prospects that are poised to easily surpass the high end talent we saw in the season 39 draft.  Not only does this draft already have a number of players that possess immense potential but it has incredible depth with more than ten players already having more than 50 practice hours.  Even more interestingly, we have a pair of brand new agents with players looking to be first round locks.

The biggest thing to note about this draft is that there were seven players in the season 39 draft who reached the 130 practice hour milestone by draft day.  Season 39 has yet to begin and this draft already has four players with at least 130 practice hours and, even more interestingly, two of these are defensemen.  It is not unrealistic at all to expect at least four players in this draft to exceed 200 practice hours by the time the entry draft rolls around.  To put that into perspective, the player with the most practice hours in the season 39 entry draft, Jackson Miller, had just 190 when he was drafted.

As if this draft class wasn't already generating excitement throughout the VHL, the fact that nine of the ten teams own a first round pick in the season 40 entry draft is a stark contrast from season 39, where seven of the top ten picks were owned by two teams.  While this is likely to change as some teams make final pushes to compete for the Cup later in the season, these picks will make for difficult decisions to move and even tougher to acquire with the sheer amount of talent that will be available.  This could be one of the strongest groups of draftees ever in the VHL and we very well may be seeing the next generation of VHL stars in the making.

Edited by Ninetyfourgoalie

• Commissioner

Where are you getting 173 from? I was listed in the draft thread as 190 and actually had over 200 but it wasn't updated yet so it didn't count in the draft thread.

Not saying I won't be surpassed, I know damn well that at least 1-2 S40 guys will be higher then me at the draft. I'm just not sure where you're getting 173 at the draft from.

Where are you getting 173 from? I was listed in the draft thread as 190 and actually had over 200 but it wasn't updated yet so it didn't count in the draft thread.

Not saying I won't be surpassed, I know damn well that at least 1-2 S40 guys will be higher then me at the draft. I'm just not sure where you're getting 173 at the draft from.

Sorry, was using this thread http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/9434-season-39-entry-draft-vs-38vs37vs40/

I went in and fixed the info I got from there.

Edited by Ninetyfourgoalie

• Commissioner

Ya such a deep draft if people stay active. Hopefully i can make a name for myself though it will be very tough with so many repected members an guys ahead of me in TPE

If you stay active and get involved in the community people will take notice of you. S39 was a pretty deep draft and a first gen still went 2nd overall. 

Being first gen just means that you have more to prove, it doesn't make you any less capable of proving it. A lot of times that means that guys who haven't been around the block so many times (like old farts such as I have) end up having better careers then the re-creates drafted around them. Having something to prove can be a powerful motivator.