Miklavz Reaches 40

ke1vi

(April 21st -2021 – Mexico City) S78 draftee Anze Miklavz notched his 40th goal yesterday against the Ottawa Lynx in a lopsided 8-1 victory for the Mexico City Kings last night. The rising star, who has since scored his 41st against the powerhouse Hounds, is currently tied for 10th place in goals with only a couple games left on the season. “Yea, it feels good to be putting the puck in the net, definitely a bright spot to a disappointing season” Miklavz said in his post-game Zoom call, referring to the Kings 15-49-6 record this year. “I definitely feel good about my play and my game as we close out the season and head into the draft”. Miklavz, along with star defensemen Tui Sova, were add-ons and not officially owned by Mexico City. Both are expected to be Top 10 picks in the VHL draft, and arguably the 1-2 in the VHLM draft. With a comfortable 7 goal lead, Miklavz expects to head into the draft as leading goal scorer in the S78 class and top winger. Despite Mexico City’s struggles this season, Miklavz went out of his way to praise them for his development over the season “I definitely want to thank the team and training staff for the support and world class treatment I’ve received this year, you know, the record doesn’t look good and it was tough sometimes, but we knew what we were and I still managed to grow as a player”. With the season winding down, Miklavz next focus is the draft combine and off-season training leading up to both drafts.

Edited by McKelvie