Jim ''The Dream'' Bob finishes the year strong

jRuutu

trophy_richardlg.jpg

Jim Bob, a power-forward from Albania scored 48 goals in 72 games for Seattle Bears. Nobody in the league scored more goals this year, which means that Bob won the Kevin Brooks trophy! A magnificent achievement for one of the most underrated players in the league.

Bob was drafted sixth overall in the s71 draft, which further highlights his status as an underrated player. We met Bob yesterday after the last game of the regular season. He had some time on his hands and answered few questions for us, this is what happened:

Bob, first of all, congratulations on the win against D.C, thoughts about the game?

JB: Thanks. Yea 5-1, the win is the most important thing as they help to build momentum and confidence in the team. We had a great first period, which helped us to take control of the game. Once we scored the 4-0 goal at the end of the second, the game was almost as good as over. Good night for us.

Speaking of the 4-0 goal, that was your 48th in the season and put you to the first place in goals scored, nobody scored more goals than you this season, how does it feel!?
JB: Feels awesome. The guys on the bench said that I could win the Brooks after I shoveled the 4-0 goal in. I did not believe it would happen.  I don't think I was anywhere near the top of the scoring list some weeks ago, but after the game was over the coaches looked at the stats and sure enough - my name was first. Unreal.

Looking back to your draft year, in a total of five teams looked at you back then and said: ''He is shit''. How does it feel to be here today as the winner of the Kevin Brooks trophy?
JB: I'm not sure if they said it like that, but it's true, five teams decided to pick someone else. As we know the s71 class has a lot of quality players, who are still playing, so I don't think much would change in the draft order. Of course, it feels great to show all the doubters out there that I can score goals in this league.

Hopefully, what I have done this year sends a message to all the older guys in this league and inspres them to take off-season training seriously, you can get things done even if you are a veteran player.

What are you thoughts on Dyrdahl challenging you to a fight in the third period, the game was 5-1 at that point, was that just younger player challenging the veteran?
JB: I mean, fights are part of the game and I'm not going to say no if someone asks whether I want to go or not. Dyrdahl, like you said is a younger player and without a doubt was interested in beating an old man. Unfortunately for him, I had to kick his ass.

Thank you Jim, and good luck in the playoffs!
JB: Thanks!