A week to remember for General Zod

Matt_O

What an incredible week this has been for Zod. General Zod is a CHAMPION BABY. It took me 15 seasons and two different players to win one, but we finally got it done. It was a career season for Zod capped off by hoisting the continental cup for the first time in his career. My previous player was on Malmo and we had a couple really good runs, but were thwarted by Seattle in S68 and had a little rivalry with them. It's ironic that now my first championship comes with Seattle now, even though I would always root against them in the playoffs no matter what. After winning it all, it was an easy decision to re-sign with Seattle for Zod's last ever season. I'm excited for my next player, but also kind of sad that Zod's career is over. Zod was actually a really solid defenseman all these years. He wasn't the top guy in the league, but every season he would get lots of hits and blocked shots, and dish out 50-60 assists. Besides my rookie year, the lowest point total Zod ever had was 55. If I compare Zod to my last player I have a feeling Zod is very close, if not ahead of him with point totals. My last player was a forward too, which is kind of sad. But, by the time Zod's career is over I will be able to look at it positively. He was a really strong player during his time in the league and was a champion.

Another milestone I will hit this week is 1000 TPE, which I will get with this media spot. I never reached 1000 TPE with my first player, I went inactive around 800-900. It truly is a special achievement to reach this mark, and I'm hoping it's my first of many future players that reach this milestone. I think I'm the 10th or so player to reach 1000 TPE from my draft class, which isn't bad. I was drafted 6th, so technically I should be a little higher but I'm not too worried about it. You could have all the TPE in the world but if your player can't put up points, it doesn't matter.

I think my next player will be a forward again, probably a winger so I don't have to put any TPE into faceoffs. I want to make a goalie, but there seems to be a surplus. At the same time, half of those goalies are below 250 TPE so as long as I stay active and earn my TPE I should surpass them fairly easily. I'm still deciding what I want to do, but I did enjoy being a defenseman. I will also have to think of a name for my next player, which should be fun. I have some ideas rolling around my head but I feel like they are just a bit cringe so I'm leaning away from using them. I have at least a month to consider it, since I'm retiring Zod at the deadline to make my next player. I hope depreciation doesn't hit Zod extremely hard, since I bought two different depreciation fighters and have some banked TPE. I hope by the time I retire him, I will have gotten Zod's attributes back to the level they are at now.

557 words