Erlantz Jokinen

jRuutu

tenor.gif

Exactly. Who is Erlantz Jokinen? Hockey player. Man. Finnish person. Hockey-playing Finnish man person.  All are correct, but we here in ''Yuck-On'' wanted to know more. That is why a few weeks ago we asked you to send us questions that we could ask from Erlantz. We received more than few questions, so thanks for those. After having to postpone the interview a few times, we finally met with Erlantz a few days ago and asked some questions from him!

AEA8CSf.png

Here are the questions and answers from Erlantz, un-edited.

If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
EJ: I have always wanted to know what life was like in England somewhere around 1000-1400. I like to read historical fiction, so I have some ideas, but what was it like really? If I was born during those days I would more than likely be some kind of field worker, but I would just like to talk to the people and figure out what they think about the future, the past, about life, and everything else. I think that would be fascinating.

What is your biggest complaint about your job?
EJ: I need to show up every day. I can't take any days off and take things easy like people in some other jobs can.  Otherwise, I could lose my spot in the lineup and even ruin my career. It's hard to get rid of certain reputations as a hockey player. If you are known as lazy, every single thing you do is looked through a different lens.

What is your biggest fear?
EJ: I'm not a huge fan of snakes and spiders. The same goes for sharks. If I need to deal with those types of animals in some situation, fear would be present. I don't even know what I would do if running away would not be an option.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
EJ: Introvert without a doubt. That is why I did all I could to avoid this interview, but you kept calling my agent, and he said I should do it for practice. I guess answering questions like this is fine, but it's different when you have five mics in front of your face after a period that went poorly. Luckily I don't have to answer too many questions while playing in Yukon, but that might change if I ever get to VHL. I know media attention is on another level in comparison to VHLM.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
EJ: Hopefully, playing in VHL. In 10 years I might be closer to the end of my career. As I look back, I have few cups and some individual success on top of it. That would be a dream scenario. If this hockey thing won't work out, I'm working somewhere and maybe living a quiet family life in the suburbs. Nothing too wild or crazy. Hockey or regular folk stuff.

The Finnish defender appeared to be humble and respectful while talking to us. No superstar personality traits, yet at least. However, I must say that as he was heading out, Erlantz refused to use the hand sanitizer. He said he uses his spit instead. Interesting.

Nice media spot.

I like this type of format and also the start of the article, it really looks like a tv show/ magazine article, I really hope you will make more things like that in the future.

in the end this gets a solid 9 out of a 10, keep it up.