Lemieux on Rush's season so far

hockeyis66

“It has been a great start to the season especially when you can say the team has won 21 out of 26 games so far.  However, there are a ton of games left to play this season and we know the season is a marathon and not a sprint.  We have to keep getting points in each game we play so we not only can get that number one seed in our conference but also get it in case we have a chance to make it to the championship round and get 4 out of those 7 games at home.  We do have the offense to carry us to the championship, but we do need to tighten up a bit defensively and help out our goalie a little bit more around the net.”

“I am happy to have 39 points in 26 games although I thought I would be a bit higher than that.  My shooting percentage is around 11.4% so I am getting closer to my goal of being in the 12-15% range.  I am playing against the top competition in the VMHL so I have to bring my top level game every time like scoring the game winning goal in our game against the Storm with less than a minute left in the game.”