VHLM News Show

*Intro to the segment on a sports show plays. The show's host, Joe Smith, is sitting in a chair in the middle of the room, with Donny Carter sitting across from him.*

Smith: Welcome back everyone, we are here once again with Donny Carter, a player who seems to be hitting his stride with Houston! Donny, welcome back to the show.

Carter: Thanks for having me!

Smith: Donny you recently scored your first VHLM goal, how'd it feel to get on the board?

Carter: Honestly it felt great. Scoring and having all the fans cheering and all the guys on the bench going crazy, it was an amazing moment. Also kind of a relief, I wanted to prove myself to the team, and I think that with my play recently I've been able to show that I have a high compete level and I can play with the best of em.

Smith: Was there any changes that sparked this surge in production from you?

Carter: Well I discovered salad! (laughter) But in all seriousness we had some new signings join the team, Yoro, Frosty, Baardo. Kind of reshaping how the team is and adding some needed depth that has improved the team. I've gotten some new linemates and also I've changed my exercise routine and I think that's helping me to get more in shape. I'm making smarter plays and such, just happy with everything over the past week or so.

Smith: Sounds like some good positive changes. Any good locker room stories?

Carter: None that can be shared on here Joe! (laughter)

Smith: (laughs a bit too hard at the small joke then composes himself and clears his throat.) Anyway I think we had better move on, next up we take a look at the VHLM standings. Donny, always a pleasure.

Carter: The pleasure's all mine Joe.

Smith: We'll be right back after these messages.

*cut to several commercials about useless random products*

*cuts back to the news studio*

Smith: Welcome back everyone! It's now time to take a quick look at the current standings in the VHLM! Halifax and Yukon have powered their way into the top spots in the league and in their respective conferences, while early signs of what the playoff race will look like are forming. In the Western Conference the race is not too close, as the top four teams are far ahead of the other two, Mexico City and Las Vegas. The Kings and Aces will need to make some big changes if they want to be competitive in the playoffs, as they are both over 20 points behind the top four teams. However looking at the Eastern Conference, there are three powerhouse teams in Halifax, Minnesota, and Philadelphia. All of these teams are far ahead of the other three, meaning there will be an intense race for a playoff spot between Ottawa, Miami, and Mississauga, though whoever wins that race will probably be wiped out by Halifax in the playoffs.

*Someone waves behind the camera for Joe to wrap it up*

Smith: Well that's about all the time we have for today, see you next time on (name of sports show)!

*cuts to black*

Word Count - 532
Points will be for the week of June 6th