Surprise Playoff Run for Malmo

hylands

I'll be the first to admit that after losing the first two games of the wildcard round to Helsinki, I had written Malmo off and was prepared to kickstart the off-season. Little did I know, the Nighthawks had something special up their sleeves, and surprised pretty much everybody with three straight victories to secure their spot in the Final Eight. It seemed like the Nighthawks just could not get anything going in the first two games. Conceding an incredible 14 goals combined over those games. While they didn't quite find their feet defensively over the course of that series, they did end up getting that scoring touch and combined for a whopping 17 goals over the span of three victories. The top line of Dayne, Telker, and Muffbeav lead the way for Malmo, with all three forwards having hit double digits for points scored in the post season already. Their next series against Warsaw has already begun, and the Nighthawks managed to sneak a victory in Poland to bring the series back to Malmo tied. A wonderful performance from rookie defenceman Tui Sova (@v.2) saw him score the first hat trick of his career, with the hat trick goal being a clutch game winner in double overtime.

These playoffs have me really excited and I'm looking forward to how far Malmo can push this cinderella run.