the best players in the WORLD

scoop

I previously wrote about the members that have had the most World Cup success with the western and central European teams. Unfortunately, the article was rather boring to write, in part due to the inaccessibility of World Cup statistics. So instead I'm just going to make these shorter articles, because most of what I type up can be seen in the little graphics I was making anyway, and the article is basically paraphrasing the same thing over and over.

So let's just quick talk about the most successful reps from Team Russia and Team World, because the boundaries of those two make them a fair grouping, and Team Russia was pretty much turned into Team World because the Russian player base in the VHL has not really been enough to warrant the team designation.

O1dThrn.png

The biggest surprise here is realizing that @tfong never won a World Cup medal with either Daisuke Kanou or Xin Xie Xiao. Team World hasn't had a ton of success, but tfong has been there for most of the medals that they have won. He helped with 3/4 when they were Team Russia and 7/9 as Team World. They have never done better than bronze without him. Tzuyu is one of the only five-medal players.

🦔

Lazy mode time. Hedgehog Latvian players = good. Hedgehog Canadian players = bad. He apparently had two S62 players (back when that was a thing), both Canadian, and then realized he accidentally didn't make them Latvian, because he dumped them and made two S63 players. As far as I know, other than those two players, he has only made Latvians, and other than Sirkants Klamasteris, they all have at least one medal with Team World. Klamasteris still has time, though. @hedgehog337 played a big part in the six-medal streak, including multiple World Cups in which he had two players representing.

Other guys worth mentioning but not worth tagging because I'm glossing over them that much include Tyler, gorlab, and Tagger, all of whom have won five medals with the team, representing with multiple players. Enorama also has five, but it was all with one player, so really it's Ryan Kastelic also has five.