Laine signs 1-year with Titans, rejects trade rumours

Laine

Helsinki, Finland - You wouldn't surprise anyone if you told them that Patrik Laine would be exploring free agency. The 25 year old Finn is coming off a career worst season and has been rumoured to be looking for a fresh start. Just like every fake VHL Trade Rumour site, the claims ended up falling through. Laine signed a 1 year deal with Helsinki for 4 million dollars. When asked about the contract, Laine said it had been in the works for awhile.

"Me and Funk had been talking about an extension all season, but I was focused on helping the team win during the season so we didn't go too far. We sat down yesterday and I'm super happy we were able to get a deal done. It was the term that Helsinki wanted and a salary that I feel is right for me. Hopefully this will be a great season for me and its a bit of peace after all of those trade rumours that were swirling around me earlier."

Laine, who has been a subject to trade rumours throughout his entire career, was pretty straight forward when talking about what he thought of the rumours.

"I don't know who was behind pumping those rumours, but get the f--k out of here. It's super easy for someone to write fake rumours on a computer and for people to believe it. I've been in Helsinki throughout my entire career for a reason, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I'm staying in Helsinki this season. Plain and simple. I don't know what else I have to say to get these people making rumours to stop."

Laine says he needs to take his play to the next level after a disappointing showing last season.

"To score 15 in 15 to begin the season, and have 14 goals across the remaining 57 games. Are you f--king kidding me? I know I can be better than that and I gotta be better to help the team win. I was the major reason why we lost last season. I couldn't do sh-t at either end of the ice. It sucks but hopefully I can learn from that and have a career year this season. I don't have much playing time left so I need to be at my best to help Helsinki win a cup in the next few seasons."

Laine says he knows this Helsinki group can go all the way, and he's seen it before.

"We have a team that can go all the way. People doubt us because we don't have the star power of a Seattle or a Warsaw, but we've got the experience and the skill to beat BOTH of those teams. This isn't to say it will be easy, but we can definitely go toe-to-toe with the best teams. Sometimes it is the team that comes out of nowhere and steals victory from those powerhouses. Helsinki can be that team, and I'm proud I'm coming back for another season."

(502 words)

Spoiler

Mentioned: @Rayzor_7