Sales joins Team USA

Ladies and gentleman, it’s that time again! The season has concluded in the VHL/M and, as always, that brings about some of the best hockey the world has ever seen, the World Cup of Hockey. This tournament brings about the highest caliber of players from all over the world, eagerly representing their countries/regions on the greatest world stage. While every player longs to win the Continental Cup and the Commissioner’s Cup, there tends to be an even deeper desire. Nothing screams “greatest of all time” like a time that competes and wins against other greats from around the world.

This season we find a clashing of the giants. We have Team Western Europe, Team Nordic, Mercenaries, Team World, Team Canada, and last but not least, Team USA. The dynamic, powerhouse roster of Team USA should be something that scares any competitor facing against this team. Led by @a_Ferk, team USA has 6 amazing forwards comprised of Isabella Campbell, John Merrick, Robin Winter, Addison McLaren, Justin Lose, and Thomas Landry II. The core defenders of Team USA are General Zod, Randy Marsh, Joly Greene Giant, and Bob Tristan. Finally, that brings us to the net. First, we have the great and mighty Stone Wolski, and his partner in crime, Thadius Sales.

While there are many critics of Team USA, as there always is, reports from the Team USA practices say that the team is feeling good about their chances. Of course, they will face off against their rivals, Team Canada, at some point, but the world longs for a reign of domination from Team USA. The incredibly patriotic team believes that they not only hold the most dominate talent from around the world, but that their undying love for America and their ruthless patriotism will give them the strength to win it all.

After one of the better practices we’ve seen, we caught up with goaltender Thadius Sales to ask him how he felt about being on this historic team.

“Honestly, it’s pretty amazing that I’m here. A few seasons ago I was able to play for Team Western Europe due to a lack of eligible goaltenders, and that was fun. But, there’s something different about playing for YOUR NATION. It adds a level of reality to it, and it makes it that much more meaningful. I never imagined, as I sat in my filth and squaller in prison, that one day I would be representing America in such a historic chain of games. It wasn’t something that I even remotely thought of. In fact, when I first went to prison, I didn’t even know about hockey. It was the furthest thing from my mind. But, here I am. It really goes to show that no matter what you’ve done in this life, as long as there are people willing to give you a second chance, you have the opportunity to overcome it all and excel beyond anyone. If it wasn’t for my friends and coaches believing in me I would probably still be in prison. Of course, I’d be running that joint, but I’d rather make millions and become the greatest goaltender of all time. This is another step in that direction.”

---

531 words, claiming week ending 18 July