Draft is soon

jRuutu

LA is going to pick first overall, congratulations to them. Fans in Vancouver might be slightly unhappy that they did not get the first overall as they had two ''balls'' in the lottery machine, but Vancouver ended up having the second and fourth overalls, so not bad. Davos is picking third, Moscow fifth, and Riga at six. As an S79 draftee, these results don't mean much to me as I'm not going to be a top-6 pick in the draft.

However, if LA, for example, decides to trade the first overall pick for player(s) and a lower first-round pick, that could have an effect on me. There are some top-level players in the draft. Some teams could be interested in the first overall pick. Teams who don't need a defender move higher, which automatically makes me getting picked less likely. Despite having enough TPE that suggests I could be picked in the first round, I could still slip out of the first round entirely if there is enough movement.

What happens - happens. I'm not too worried about where I get picked. Goes without saying, but getting into the right place is far more important for a young player.