Powers's Thoughts On This Past Week

JB123

This past week was a busy one for sure. That's what the offseason brings. We had the World Cup and WJC tournaments start, both award shows happen, a GM hiring, and more anticipation for the drafts. 

Powers was selected for the World Juniors, which was an honor. The roster on paper is certainly star-studded. Hopefully Canada can win gold.

Another offseason tournament, the Victory ProAm, is also beginning. Powers was drafted to Portland, which is where he played in another league before joining the VHL association. 

Next we saw dlamb get hired in Warsaw, which he deserved. The Preds will be dangerous again this season. 

With dlamb on the VHL management scene now, Ottawa was without a general manager for a bit before 16z was hired. 

16z has done a great job adjusting to GM life and has been awesome to work with in our discussions for next season. 

Last night we had the S78 VHLM Awards Show. The Rush won quite a bit of hardware. Tyler Reinhart won MVP of the season, Tynan Sylvester got top defender, and Juice got GM of the season. Powers got playoff MVP, which honestly I wasn't expecting. I thought Reinhart or Papa would get it for sure. Nonetheless, it's a huge honor for sure.

That's about it for now. We do have the drafts coming up in the near future. Those should be very exciting and the anticipation is building with every day that passes. 

Word Count: 242

Edited by JB123

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, JB123 said:

Another offseason tournament, the Victory ProAm

Funnily enough I’ve never seen one game for this craziness but I always hear it talked about. It’s not really an official thing.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Funnily enough I’ve never seen one game for this craziness but I always hear it talked about. It’s not really an official thing.

To me it is 😂