Houston Bulls Press Conferences Redux

rjfryman

So this is the location for the Houston Bulls Press Conferences:

Notes on Press Conferences. 

You can ask 3 questions for 1 TPE. You can ask 6 questions for 2 TPE.

You can answer 3 questions for 1 TPE. You can answer 6 questions for 2 TPE. 

You can answer any question in this thread or in other threads, they can be old to the team as long as they are new to you.

You can only earn 2 TPE in a week from Press conferences no matter what combination you choose above.

Edited by rjfryman

Week ending July 25, 2021

Post Draft Questions:

1) How do you feel about teams going all in for a season and then tanking the next?

2) How do you feel about Houston trying to make the playoffs each season?

3) Who is the player you are most excited to watch this season? (Houston or Otherwise)

4) What are your personal goals this season?

5) What do you think the goals of the team should be this season?

6) What team right now are you most excited to watch outside of Houston? 

Get to know you Questions:

1) The day everyone came to the LR what was the crazies thing you saw being unpacked?

2) What was your song you brought to the team bonding playlist.

3) Out of the new players either to the team or to you, who do you think you will get the closest to by the end of training camp?

4) What is your pre-game/pre-practice ritual?

5) What do you think will be the most important team bonding exercise this season?

6) Out of all the pranks pulled on the coach this season which one was your favorite? 

2 hours ago, rjfryman said:

Week ending July 25, 2021

Post Draft Questions:

1) How do you feel about teams going all in for a season and then tanking the next?

3) Who is the player you are most excited to watch this season? (Houston or Otherwise)

Get to know you Questions:

1) The day everyone came to the LR what was the crazies thing you saw being unpacked?

2) What was your song you brought to the team bonding playlist.

3) Out of the new players either to the team or to you, who do you think you will get the closest to by the end of training camp?

4) What is your pre-game/pre-practice ritual?

5) What do you think will be the most important team bonding exercise this season?

6) Out of all the pranks pulled on the coach this season which one was your favorite? 

1. It stinks for that team, but if a lot of key players are leaving then I guess it's the best option.

2. I think that's always the goal, and this season I hope we can make a big push.

3. I don't have a specific player, I'm just interested to see how everything plays out.

4. To get 25 goals and 40 assists.

5. Second round of the playoffs at least.

6. Well I'm interested to see how it plays out for Riga in the big leagues as they are the team who drafted me.

1. A 24 pack of Instant Ramen.

2. Eye of the Tiger

3. Probably Cody Lachance, he was on the team last year too.

4. Stretching, shoot some pucks, nothing special.

5. Bowling.

6. I'm not able to disclose that information.

• 2 weeks later...

For week ending 8/1

It's just kind of a fact of life in the current VHLM, unfortunately. It's what I did as a GM way back when, so I understand the impulse. Plus I actually think it helps with retention in an odd way because those stacked teams have more members.

If we can pull it off, then spectacular. But there's a thin line between having enough talent to win and being undermanned, and I hope we come out on the right side of that line.

3) Who is the player you are most excited to watch this season?

I've got the draft coming up, so I have to pay attention to the competition at goalie. Lindbergh and Davis in particular both have a lot of talent, and I'd like to beat them.

No real personal goals on the ice, just perform to the best of my ability and everything else will come together. Off the ice, training the most that I can is really priority number one for me.

I think you answered it above, it's playoffs or bust. That's certainly what I expect with only one season in the VHLM, and I'll be disappointed if we don't get there.

A team like Miami is interesting - didn't really have any players before the draft, but a ton of draft picks. It's always interesting to me to see how quickly teams like that can gel.