Hlozek Dodges Questions on Conduct During Return to Riga

Bojovnik

Riga Reign defenceman Jan Hlozek returned to the Latvian capital on Tuesday ahead of his second season in the VHL, but the Czech blueliner looked to dodge questions from reporters over a fracas last season upon his arrival at Riga International Airport.

Hlozek was notably photographed with facial lacerations as he left a hotel bar following the Reign’s elimination from playoff contention in the final game of S78.

Law enforcement officers were called to the scene of the incident and filed a report, and while no criminal charges were levied against Hlozek, the team announced in the offseason that they had warned the Topolna native about his conduct.

Hlozek has previously said that he was working to control his behaviour and stressed that his focus was on getting the Reign to the playoffs next season.

“I don’t want to talk about it. I’m only focused on what’s happening on the ice, and I won’t be making any comments on this matter at this time,” Hlozek told reporters who mobbed the Czech blueliner in the arrivals hall.

The Czech native was seen climbing into a black sedan at Riga International Airport, which then rushed the Reign star to his place of residence.

The Reign are set to return to action later this week when S79 gets underway.