Jaromir Lemieux Rookie Experience

hockeyis66

Expectations: I do not any expectations coming into my rookie season with Moscow other than I know the players in the league are going to be bigger, stronger and faster and I will have to use my hockey IQ to keep up with them.  I put in a lot of work on my offensive and defensive game from moving up from the WHLM.  From a goal standpoint, I would like to be around 12-15% shooting percentage and score 20+ goals on the season.  Overall, I would like to hit the 50 point mark especially since I will be playing on one of the top two lines.  I will also see action on the power play unit and hopefully be able to contribute on the penalty kill as well too.  My goal is to be a solid two way player that can contribute in all situations.  Someone who can score late in the game or shut down the other team with the game on the line. I ll be pretty quiet in the locker room and take in everything that are veterans have to offer.  My first season will be a learning experience and it will probably get a little overwhelming at times, but I know I will have my teammates to lean on and I will continue to work hard both on and off the ice.

Reservations: I don’t really have any reservations coming into my rookie season other than how am I going to match up and compete with the other solid players on the other teams when I match up with them.  I need to make sure I am getting into open ice so my teammates can make a pass to me or I need to keep my head up and looking for options on the ice whether be a pass or just taking the shot.  Defensively, I need to hustle back into the neutral zone and our own defensive zone to make sure I am covering my player and to break up any odd man rushes against us.  Same goes on the penalty killing unit and need to make sure I have an active stick in the passing lanes, block shots and get the puck out of our zone.  It will be a little intimidating going into the locker room for the first time and being surrounded by the veterans of the team especially since a couple of them have won rookie of the year before.  I just need to be myself and play my game to help the team win.

Word count: 424