Interview with Donny Carter

*show's theme song plays and it opens on the set of the sports news show, with the host Joe Smith sitting across from Donny Carter*

Smith: Welcome back to the show everyone! I am your host Joe Smith and I'm here with frequent guest Donny Carter. Donny how has your season been going?

Carter: Well Joe it's good to be back, and honestly the season has been pretty hectic.

Smith: That sounds about right. Before you were traded, how was the season in Houston going?

Carter: Well, personally really well. I was the point leader and was over a point per game. Standings wise however, we just didn't have enough depth to win games. So it was sad to get traded, but everyone was to make sure that we could all have a chance of having a better season. Landing in Philly with Drakon and Sting was probably the best thing that could have happened. I do wish Houston the best of luck as that's where I started my career and I had a lot of fun there.

Smith: How has your time with the Reapers been so far? Quite a different place in the standings. You've gone from a team that was bottom in the league to a team that is fighting to get first. What's the difference in the locker room?

Carter: It's been a blast so far! Everyone has been super nice and I've loved meeting my new linemates on line 2. I got my first few points today actually and I'm so ready to go on a run with this team!

Smith: I would actually like to talk about that, today you played against your previous team the Houston Bulls. What was that like?

Carter: While Houston being the place I started my career, it isn't the same team I started my career with. I wish the best of luck to the Bulls organization but that game was really important for me to move on. And it just so happens that I scored my first goal as a Reaper in that game. And to get on the scoreboard early in my tenure with Philly really helped to relieve some of the pressure of being the new guy and now I can just play my hockey and have a good time.

Smith: And those points just help to add to a great sophomore season that you are having. Is the VHL and joining Riga the goal for next year?

Carter: Honestly I'm not sure. I am having a good season and I hope I can be at the point next season where I can join the Reign in the major league, but it's anyone's guess at this point. 

Smith: So I think that is all the time we have for the show. I really hope you have a great rest of the season and I will see you back on the show soon!

Carter: That sounds great Joe! I can't wait to be back and have a great day!

Smith: Thanks Donny!
*Show's theme song plays and the show fades to black.*

For week of 8-1

Word Count : 515

Edited by TheNeonShaman