Rara Rasputin to test free agency

Victor

• Admin

All good things must come to an end. After a whirlwind four seasons with the Seattle Bears, goaltender Rara Rasputin came out of a discussion with GM Blake Campbell with the following statement:

“The GM offered me a one-season extension and the promise of a competitive roster and let me be clear that I fully trust that he would deliver on that promise. Seattle when I joined and Seattle now is unrecognisable, but we have always been competitive, we've won the cup, we've made the finals, and I'm excited to see what we do again this postseason. But let's call this the last hurrah for this particular period in Bears history.

“I have looked at the goalie positions around the league and have decided now is the time to test free agency. It looks like a lot of options are available and I am open to anything and everything. We have had a great run in Seattle and I have experienced individual success with back-to-back 40-win seasons and a Kanou Trophy. I'd like to challenge myself outside of Seattle or at least explore what's out there – maybe I'll come back, but I want to know what else is on offer first.”

And with that, it appears Rara Rasputin will be on the market this coming off-season. First, however, another exciting couple weeks of playoffs await.