Mourning and Minion have Vasteras on top of the VHLE Draft Tournament

scoop

The VHLE Draft Tournament is essentially meaningless. Given that the draft is going to be a snake draft, it's very possible that the team that wins it doesn't actually want to have won it. For the players, though, it is just more games to play and have fun with; and I definitely want to win. Obviously I don't care about this tournament like I do the VHL playoffs; nor, I would assume, does Nathaniel @Minion care about these games as much as the VHLM playoffs. What I am most enjoying about these games, however, is that I was put on a team with Minion. He is a Malmo prospect who has been very supportive of the team in our locker room, and although his entry level contract will expire before he is up with the Nighthawks, every indication seems to be that he wants to play with us down the road. So this is a chance to play with someone who is hopefully a future teammate, and we are doing quite well.

Each team currently has six games under their belts, and Vasteras is on top of the standings at 5-1. Mourning is tied for the tourney lead in goals with five, while Minion leads the team with nine points. The pair made a particularly big impact in the second day of the tournament, when they each had two goals and two assists out of a total five goals scored by the Iron Eagles. They won both the games thanks to incredible goaltending from @Donno100 Orion D H Chiester IX, who has been just as valuable to the team as the Mourning and Minion, if not more so. In four of his five starts, Chiester has allowed just one goal.

20 hours ago, scoop said:

He is a Malmo prospect who has been very supportive of the team in our locker room, and although his entry level contract will expire before he is up with the Nighthawks, every indication seems to be that he wants to play with us down the road. 

👀