final-less since 63

McWolf

And just like that, it was all over. Despite having over 1000 TPE for pretty much all of its peak, SS Hornet was a disappointing presence in playoffs throughout its career. Following in the spiritual footsteps of Joseph McWolf before it, Hornet didn't even manage to make the Continental Cup Finals once and only made it to the Conference Finals once, where its Vancouver Wolves got swept by the Chicago Phoenix, the eventual champions. As the saying goes, "if you can't beat them, join them," and so it did, opting out of Toronto in his final VHL season, thinking the perpetually contending Chicago Phoenix could be the answer to a two-career long finals drought. And they couldn't even make it past the Los Angeles Stars in the first round, leaving Hornet, and the McWolf agency as a whole, on the wrong side of a playoff series once again. Here's hoping Zaza Colors can succeed where others failed again and again.

and again.

Edited by McWolf

• Commissioner

I can’t decide what’s worse, not making the finals or continuously making them and not winning. I was finals-less for 20 seasons between 46 and 66 and it fucking sucked but have now made the finals I think 4 times since 66 and lost 3/4 of them, it kinda stings even more to get that close and lose.

7 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I was finals-less for 20 seasons between 46 and 66

I'm catching up on you. But yeah, I guess losing in the finals probably sucks even more. Not that I'd know.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, McWolf said:

I'm catching up on you. But yeah, I guess losing in the finals probably sucks even more. Not that I'd know.

With more teams than ever it honestly will be more and more common that people don’t make the finals or win cups during full careers.