Tui Sova's Vet Presence

v.2

usatsi_15994460.jpg

Fresh off the heels of a whirlwind S79 playoffs with the Malmo Nighthawks that resulted in winning the Continental Cup (along with the Victory Cup in the same season), it is hard to believe that Tui Sova is about to enter his 3rd season in the VHL.  Sova made the early jump to Malmo, straight out of the draft.  Wasting no time on beginning his career, the early big league development has paid off.  With more playoff experience than anyone else in his draft class, Sova is clearly ready to take the reigns as a top player on his team and begin taking on more of a leadership role to help up and coming prospects.

Looking at his first two VHL seasons so far, Sova has put up some decent numbers.  86 points in 144 games as a defenceman, along with 276 hits, and 290 blocked shots.  More impressive are his playoff numbers, notching 20 points in 29 playoff games.  Sova struggled to find the back of the net for much of his rookie season but was able to figure things out once the playoffs arrived, and carried momentum into his second season.  Constantly training and practicing, there are still many aspects of his game that he is determined to grow and excel on, but leadership and experience are two that just come with time and mental maturity.

Right now, Tui Sova seems committed to his club in Malmo and is seeking a repeat with the club.  Still buzzing off the first cup win, he is already thirsty for more hardware. 

'My time as a Nighthawk has been nothing short of amazing so far.  I love this team and can't envision myself playing anywhere else.  I want to keep winning here for years to come, and want to help the young guys coming up.  While I've only spent 2 seasons in the league so far I feel like I am apart of something here, and hope to remain a fixture on the blue line.  I definitely don't feel like a "veteran" quite yet but am aware of when to step up and be a leader."

Personal accolades aren't something Sova speaks on much as he is more of a team first guy, but at this rate he hopes those will come, helping him put another stamp on his career and solidify himself as one of the best Malmo defensemen in franchise history.  Still years away from these goals, Sova still has a future to strive for.

Edited by v.2