The fifteenth chapter of Baby Bob's life (Draft and start of the season)

Baby Boomer

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the fifteenth chapter of Baby Bob's life story. In this life story we will talk about the life of Baby, when he was young, his thoughts and his impressions before the drafts, during the seasons and during the playoffs. Baby Bob will also respond to questions from the fans, from the GMs and from the leaders of the VHL and the VHLM. Last week, three drafts happened and Baby Bob got drafted in one of them. In this chapter, we will talk about this draft and the beginning of the season.

Exactly nine days ago at the time I am writing this text, the 20th of september, it was the first ever VHLE draft. There are only six teams in the league right now, so only six players each round were selected. There were 14 rounds and a total of 84 players drafted. Baby Bob was one of them, effectively, Baby was drafted in the third round, 17th overall by the Rome Gladiators. Rome was the only team that contacted him before the draft. The AGM of the Gladiators, Minion, was the former teammate of Baby Bob in the VHLM with the Mississauga Hounds. Maybe it played a role in the selection of Baby in the third round.

We reached out to Baby Bob to see his reactions about being drafted in the third round by Rome :

« When the draft started, i had the goal of being drafted between the end of the second round and the beginning of the fourth round and i reached my goal as i was drafted in the third round. I was very happy to be drafted and when I heard that it was by Rome I was even more excited. At the time, I knew that Minion was the AGM and my other former teammate Otto Numminen had been drafted in the second round, so I was happy to see faces that I already knew. In addition, they were not the only ones, Russel Dixon, Luke Spinelli and Sigard Petrenko, all former teammates with the Hounds were going to be drafted by Rome ».

Last Wednesday, the season started and Baby decided to stay in the VHLE instead of going to the big league to play with Prague. There are not a lot of forwards on the team, seven to be exact, so Baby is playing a lot. He told me that he had high objectives this season, like finishing in the top 10 of the leagues in points and in goals. Baby Bob is currently at 9 goals and 19 points in 14 games with a differential +/- of 0. He is not in the top 10 in points, but he is tied in seventh place for goals. Baby Bob is also tied in first place for the most game winning goals with three. The season is just starting, but Baby is already looking to do better and help his team that is currently sitting in fifth place.

Thanks for reading and see you next week for more of the life story of Baby Bob.

516 words

27 september - 3 october

On 9/30/2021 at 9:59 PM, Collusion said:

Love the media spots, love how a lot of former teammates are in the same teams. I wish to know more about what the players was thinking during the draft and during his first vhle game. 7.7/10 

Thanks for the review, I will see if I can show more of his impressions in the next article