Sigard Petrenko given the A?

SlapshotWrangler

SEATTLE - Sigard Petrenko was given the A. That was something he did not expect. While he did know he was projected to be a big part of the Seattle Bears’ future, being an Alternate Captain was one of the last things he was expecting.

“Yeah, I knew that I wanted to be here and that they wanted me to be here, and I think it wasn’t a secret that they are expecting me to be better than I am now but I did not expect them to give me a letter. It’s an… incredible honour.”

Erlantz Jokinen was named as captain and fellow rookie Vinny Detroit will also be an Alternate Captain.

“Yeah, those two definitely deserve it. Jokinen is a great leader and is a role model for us all. Vinny is a hard-hitting and a hard-working player. I think that both choices were excellent. It’s an honour to receive the A. Let’s just hope I can also play a big role on the ice. I want to lead by example if I am supposed to help lead this team towards the future.” Sigard Petrenko said when asked about the captaincy choices.

“However, letter or not, we’re all working hard and coming together to build another great team. Even if this is a one time thing, I still hope I can help this team rise up to the top. If I have to play a lesser role, so be it. If I have to play a greater role, so be it. I am willing to be anything the team needs to be. And I think I speak for everyone when I say that.”