What's Next?

dlamb

cut.jpg

Dakota Lamb, star Centre of the Warsaw Predators, is hanging up his skates after this season. The question from here is, what is next? Lamb has not publicly said what his plans are beyond this season, as he is obviously focused right now on trying to get his Predators to the post-season for the 5th season in a row. However, rumors have swirled around what comes after. Here are a few that fans and analysts alike have been saying is next for the Canadian player.

1.       Enjoying the retired life

According to CapFriendly, Lamb has made over 30 million in his career. This is well more than enough to not have to work another day in his life, so there is reason to believe that Lamb could just spend his retirement relaxing, between his house in southern Ontario and another in Warsaw, as well as his recently purchased property in Turks and Caicos, there are many different options for Lamb and his family to relax. His hobbies are well known, as he loves skydiving, hiking, and golfing, so if he does choose this route, look for a place that offers all of the above.

2.       Analyst/Commentator

Lamb has publicly stated in interviews that as a young kid he imagined himself commentating VHL games rather than playing in them, so we could easily see Lamb making the transition many former players have, going up to the booth, and becoming a play-by-play or color commentator, and with his over 400 games of experience in pro hockey would apply his knowledge to fans, new and old, with a network such as VSN or VSPN. He also has a Bachelor of Data Science and Analytics from his time in University, so being behind the scenes at a network is also an option.

3.       Stepping into a management role

This has kind of already happened, but let’s pretend it hasn’t yet. Lamb could join every VHL, VHLE, and VHLM GM as a former player entering a management role, and this is actually something Lamb has discussed before. In a Season 75 interview, he said “I love it here in Warsaw. The fans, players, and organization. If the chance arises, I would love to stay within the org after my playing days in any position I could get my hands on.” Obviously, lots has changed since this comment, but it definitely looks like a strong candidate for Lamb to pursue, if he still has a burning desire to win in this league as a non-player.

4.       Starting a BRAND

Something very popular recently among retired players is starting a brand for themselves, fore fronted by a podcast or YouTube channel. Lamb has made an appearance on many VHL-related podcasts, and it could be something Lamb does. He has tweeted before that he wants to start one, specifically with other retired players, Florent Vericel and Kjell Nilsson.

Nobody knows for sure what is next for the forward, and to be honest, neither does he. But as he always does, Dakota Lamb will find a passion for something and absolutely run with it. 

(515 Words)

5 hours ago, dlamb said:

Lamb has made an appearance on many VHL-related podcasts

I remember listening to Lamb Juice many moons ago, and I'd listen to another episode