Bouchard after the VHL!

Gaikoku-hito

When most start to age they start to reflect on the everything from big to the small details. Robert Bouchard is now starting to trend towards retirement and has started considering what type of legacy he will leave behind once he decides to retire. 

"At this stage of my career I am clearly not heading to the HOF unless something very special happens." commented Bouchard when asked about how other might view his career. "I am very okay with the fact that I am not heading to the HOF and I can say that I am extremely happy with the career that I have had up until this point." Doesn't hurt that he is once again on career high pace after forty two games into the current season. "I mean when I first thought of joining the VHL through the VHLM, I simple was hoping that I was going to be good enough to play in the league so I worked every day to make sure that I maxed out my abilities. This lead to a great second season in the VHLM, Where I fully understood that I could dominate and lead a team as a really good two way forward. I helped lead the Philadelphia Reapers to the Founders Cup while being amongst the leaders in the league that season. So that was how to say it the moment that I knew I was going to be a good forward capable of being near the top of the league if given the chance."

"When retirement comes in a few season I will simple know that I gave everything that I had during my career every single season, every single shift and I can hang up the skates knowing that I was good enough to play a leadership role in this league with the team that drafted me and has continued to show faith in me as player. It will be a sad day when I retire as no young boy every considers the fact that they might be able to play the game forever!! 

"I see myself giving back to the game after I retire as I have two young sons that are/will look for guidance as they forge their own path in life and hockey so be it. I will continue to either coach, GM and mentorship as long as I am breathing and some one is willing to listen to this old man share his knowledge. I am still learning, making mistakes and first thing most must remember is the fact that we are humans after all." stated when asked about staying involved in hockey after retirement. 

"I would love to say that I escaped to a private Island to enjoy the rest of my life staring into the sunsets but that won't be the case. As I am a teacher and will like head back to my home in Japan, take some much needed R&R while enjoying my time with the wife and kids. After that I have no really plans and will be open to anything that might come my way. As stated I am a teacher so likely I would remain teaching the game of hockey; of the VHL to anyone that wants to be taught!!"

"When will that day come? Never really thought about it as I am focused on the current season and helping the Phantoms make the playoffs. After the season I will sit back and reflect like I do every season and simple put one of these days I will simple know that I don`t have anything left to give to the VHL. I will pack my bags and head off into the sunset, a memory that most will not remember and somehow I am actually very comfortable if this is actually way it happens." stated as he looking off out the window as he seems to already be somewhere else!

(655 words) Claim PT next week and Theme this week. 

review time: Hey there, I really enjoyed this MS, the insight into Bouchard is done super well here, hearing is thoughts about before he was in the league, what it's been like being in it and plans for post career. The spacing is all good, pacing is great and spelling is good. I don't think there's any need for a picture here, maybe you could have thrown in italics but there's no need to either. Good read! 9.5/10

On 10/17/2021 at 9:59 PM, ROOKIE745 said:

review time: Hey there, I really enjoyed this MS, the insight into Bouchard is done super well here, hearing is thoughts about before he was in the league, what it's been like being in it and plans for post career. The spacing is all good, pacing is great and spelling is good. I don't think there's any need for a picture here, maybe you could have thrown in italics but there's no need to either. Good read! 9.5/10

No picture was coming due to the fact that I wrote this using my phone. Now that I am back on a Mac I can add a picture next time!! Thanks also for the kind words.