Еhe first game for a new goalkeeper

npuBeT

It was a normal day when everyone gathered in the locker room after training and the coach turned his attention to himself. At first everything was as usual, the coach talked about training, about the future game and the starting lineup. To be honest, I didn't listen very carefully and then the coach says that I will be the starting goalkeeper..... It seemed to me that I misheard and looked in the direction of the coach, but he looked straight into my eyes.... It wasn't a joke....

And here is the day of the game, to say that I was shaking, not to say anything. My stomach twisted. my arms and legs were numb, I even forgot which way to go out of the locker room. I stood in the gate. These are not transferable sensations, people are looking at you, the team is cheering, the buzz and whistles and shouts are mixed. And then I got even more excited, thinking "that this will be my shameful first game", the first period began. I didn't even understand what happened when the opponent's player was already hitting my goal, everything happened automatically.

0:09 of 1st period - Stopped by Ed Nu without a rebound.

I didn't miss, I hit the puck, for the first time in my life in a big game, I hit the puck. I was excited and on adrenaline, it was like I was flying above the clouds, I was happy.

Then we scored the first goal, I was so happy and happy, as if it was me who scored. I was proud of the team!

1:33 of 1st period - Goal by Joe Mama - Saskatoon Wild : 0 - Ottawa Lynx : 1.

Then there were more goals and half of the first period passed and the opposing players could not get to my goal. And then thoughts began to creep into my head that I was put on a game where the opponent would not be able to attack, it even became sad, the thoughts were that the coach considers me still weak and inexperienced, but, as they say, "don't yawn or a fly will fly into my mouth" another puck flew to me

11:23 of 1st period - Stopped by Ed Nu without a rebound.

And then another and another. Apparently our team also began to relax and the opponents began to gain momentum. That's how the first period ended, I didn't even understand how my jitters ended, and I wanted to keep playing again and again

The second period began, everything became as it was at the beginning of the first, we dominated. But at the 8th minute I missed my first goal.

8:24 of 2nd period - Goal by β-SSK LW4 - Saskatoon Wild : 1 - Ottawa Lynx : 6.

Probably I will never forget this sadness that rolled over me, I thought I was going to cry, it was as if condemning looks fell on me from all sides, I was even afraid to raise my head, but having mastered myself, I looked at the team. There was no condemnation or anger in their eyes, on the contrary, everyone began to cheer and support me. Honestly, I didn't expect this, I was afraid, but in vain. So the second period passed. There was a tray behind him, and then I missed my second puck. But there were no such experiences. My team was with me and tried their best. And we won!!!!!!!!

It was an amazing game, this victory was a team! And my personal little victory!

Ed Nu (OTT), 18 saves from 20 shots - (0.900), W, 1-0-0, 60:00 minutes

пщфд.jpg

I like this type of article and I know you are kind a new to the league and I feel like you’re going to be a good goaltender in the future. The structure is well done and adding some colors really help the différenciation to the critical moment for you’re players. I love you’re character too it’s refreshing and interesting to read about. Keep it up and good luck in Ottawa for the rest of the season. 10/10 

Pretty good article, I do like this style of writing. Its refreshing. It does feel like a lot was skipped over like your team scores a goal then all of a sudden its 6-1. It could have been longer with more details added. I like that you used the actual game play-by-play, I think this feature should be used more and it's nice to see you using it. The colors break it up which is nice. All in all not bad. Excited to see what Ed Nu will do in Ottawa and wherever else he ends up.

7.5/10