Luc Tessier - S80 Progress Report

KC15

We are well into the S80 season and with just roughly one fourth of the season to go (22.2%) and so it feels like a good time to check in on Luc Tessier’s development in the Victory Hockey League. He was fairly called out by a couple of team analysts at the end of last season for not being quite there with his game and one wonders whether Luc has given them enough to revise their assessment.

Team Performance

Before we launch into Luc’s performance, though, let’s take a quick look at the team. The Davos Dynamo are having a solid season posting a record of 29-23-4 thus far. Their 62 points put them in third place in the European Conference 3 points above the Prague Phantoms and 4 points above the Warsaw Predators. Most importantly it puts Davos 12 points ahead of the first team currently outside the playoff scene – the Riga Reign. As long as Davos can maintain their current level or play or even elevate it, a playoff spot seems to be in the offing.

Goal Scoring

So, let’s dive into Tessier’s individual performance. Luc has scored 20 goals thus far in S80. This ties him for 5th most on the team and is a solid step forward as with 16 games still unplayed, Tessier has already surpassed his total for either of his first two seasons in the VHL (18 and 16 respectively). If we were to project out his total for the season based on his current rate, we could expect 25-26 goals on the year. That would certainly be a bright spot in his season as that would be nearly a 40% jump over his prior best mark.

Shot Accuracy

This is a really important stat for Luc. He believes that if he is going to take a shot, it needs to have a realistic chance of hitting the back of the net or he should be passing to others will more finishing skill. This is a banner season for Luc in this regard. In his first two seasons, Luc was shooting with 9.3% and 6.8% efficiency. That S79 stat truly concerned Tessier and he worked all off-season and into S80 to improve that. The hard work paid off and Luc is now gunning at 11.8% - good for best on the team.

Assists

This is an area where Luc has definitely taken a step back. In S79, he had a breakout season with 32. Thus far in S80, Tessier only has 16 – projecting out at 20-21 on the season. This would be more on par with his rookie season, but with the big leap forward in goal scoring, I think we can chalk this up to his evolving role on the team.

Face Offs

Tessier continues to improve in this very important facet of every centerman’s game. In both of his first two seasons, Luc was winning less than half of the time he steeped into the circle. In his 3rd season, Tessier has broken this barrier and is currently winning 51.5% of the time the puck is dropped. That is still 3rd among Davos’ three centermen, but he is nipping on the heels of Isabella Campbell at 51.75%

Conclusion

All in all, it has been a good year for both Davos as a team and for Luc Tessier as an individual part of that team. One can only hope for continued improvement.

Review: 9/10

A good breakdown of the season thus far (apparently 77.8%, if we're using the correct percentages). I always appreciate articles that incorporate stats into the writing since it shows you did your research, and you certainly have those in spades here. You covered everything you needed to and each aspect of your game, and the headers made each section easy to read. Listing the stats as you did may have made the writing a bit dry at times listing, which is my one knock - wouldn't have minded a bit more analysis in the vein of "I think we can chalk this up to his evolving role on the team." But all in all good stuff, a straightforward recap.

Very good article, I love how you included percentages and other stats as well as the projections. I would love to see what your goals are for the end of the season and potentially playoffs, but I liked the breakdown in general. I think you could have proved your conclusion a bit better by doing a longer summary of what you talked about and what you expect for yourself from your projections. 8/10