Perry Laperriere Junior Review

KaleebtheMighty

Perry Laperriere has entered the VHLM! After playing hockey across Europe for a number of years, he finally has decided to make the transition to the VHLM. Multiple teams reached out, but the young center from Lyon ultimately signed with the Philadelphia Reapers. He hasn’t notched a point yet after playing in a few games, although his presence in the locker room and on the ice has been noted by many.

But who is he? And why hasn’t anyone heard of him before recently?

Well, the Frenchman doesn’t have much tape showing up his playing style. Actually, there’s hardly any hockey clips exist that cover Laperriere. But he’s made a name for himself with his skill shots and tricks on Instagram and Tiktok. Often going above and beyond with more and more ridiculous feats, he caught the attention of multiple GMs in the VHLM when he announced he was joining the league. What fueled his decision to join the Philadelphia Reapers, however, was a connection he made while playing hockey across Europe. Victor Grachev.

“He’s been staying with me while traveling with his team,” Grachev said when asked about Laperriere. “He’s a talented kid who’s getting the recognition he deserved. Back when I joined the league, the Reapers were the team I first signed with. And I think, after all of the stories I told, Laperriere decided to follow suit with that.”

Laperriere currently sits on the 4th line in the Reapers lineup. But he’s already making waves on the team and in the locker room with his tricks he does on the ice during practice and in the locker room with the puck. If things are projected to go as the current S82 draft rankings state, Perry Laperriere could be ready to take the VHL by storm.

“I know I’m ready, I just need to get acclimated to this league and then watch out!” Laperriere exclaimed as he paused between tiktok video takes. And to emphasize his point, he promptly fired 4 pucks from center ice high up into the stands into trashcans sitting in the 300 level seats in the Philadelphia Reapers arena. “You just wait and see, I’m going to make my mark here.”

Will Laperriere set a record for shot accuracy into trashcans in the 300 section of the stands? I don’t even know if such a record exists. But will he go for some records in the VHL? Absolutely he will.