Five Teams on the Cusp

nurx

As the VHLM enters the last period of the season we look to who has the opportunity to grab a spot in the playoffs. THere are already a few teams that look like they already have their playoff spot secured, but today we are going to look at the teams who have a more difficult path to the postseason. The teams will be ranked in their current standings along with a grade of their playoff possibilities.

1. Las Vegas Aces A

The Las Vegas Aces currently stand in 5th place in the league overall with 8 games against teams that have little chance against making the playoffs. Assuming the Aces take home all of these games they will have a good plate to get in however they will also have to find wins against Houston, Miami, or Halifax. Those three teams are currently in the race with Houston likely already securing a spot, however they only play Miami twice, Houston twice, and Halifax once. These games will be essential to winning because winning those also places another team in a harder position to get into the playoffs. Las Vegas also has to play the extremely tough opponents of Yukon and Ottawa five times which could prove to be a hard task with how strong those two teams look this season.

2. Halifax 21st B-

Halifax currently sits in 6th overall in the standings. Halifax however will only play the bottom three teams in the league 3 times. This means they have an extremely hard schedule throughout the rest of the season and will have to turn up the heat if they wish to make the playoffs. They cannot rely heavily on their point lead as they only have a 6 point lead and will play Yukon and Ottawa 4 times throughout the remainder of the season meaning the majority of their season will be played against teams at their level in the standings.

3. Philadelphia Reapers B

Philly is currently in 7th place in the league and will play the bottom three teams in the league 6 times, but will have to play the top two teams a total of five times. This leaves Philadelphia with an even amount of hard and easy games which means that they will also have to play teams very close to them in the standings. They also noticeably have Minnesota missing in their schedule meaning that they have one less team above them in the standings to play. This could be a blessing or a curse, but only time can tell that.

4. Mexico City Kings C

Mexico City is currently in 8th place in the league which currently places them in the lowest seed of the playoffs. The Kings drew the short straw in this last part of the season playing the bottom three in the standings 4 times, but playing the top two 6 times meaning they only have 8 games against teams not at the top or bottom of the league. This gives Mexico City the hardest Schedule of the teams in the hunt for the playoffs. This schedule could be the downfall of Mexico City and could leave them sitting out when the playoffs start.

5. Miami Marauders C+

Miami currently is in 9th place in the standings meaning if the season ended today they would not be playing another game. Miami has an interesting schedule to close out the season because they only play the bottom two teams twice and top two once meaning they will be playing the majority of their final part of the season against teams in the playoff race. This means anytime they win they put their opponent in a much harder position to make the playoffs, however everytime they lose they will be in a harder position to win. It is important to note that Miami has made a complete turnaround from the start of their season where they started 1-11 and currently sit 25-28 meaning they have come hot throughout the middle part of the season. Miami has a hard schedule, but they may just be the team to watch as the season nears its end.

It’s pretty well done. It’s well done each teams is separated and you took time to see each team schedule to see what team have the most easy schedule. Love that you rated teams. I think adding rosters rates with the scheduled rates would have been nice but in general it’s really good. 8/10 

Really good, I liked the ratings that you gave each team and the overview of what each team has faced. I think looking at some of the players on the teams could also show something else in your ratings. I liked the article and I think it is interesting to see these teams fight for that spot, and it will be fun to see who makes it. 10/10

REVIEW
I liked your reasoning for all the teams it was very informative and clear. I especially liked the graves you gave each team that made it easy to understand at a glance.  Very good job on the article. 10/10

Review:

Great article with a fairly unique idea that I like. The grading system was a nice little headline adder for each team. You could’ve maybe added a title or picture for the very top just to tie it all together, but other then that, I like your well thought out explanations for each team too. 9/10 good work!!