Ice: the final frontier

Mongoose87

Ice: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the United Federation of Planets Hockey Development Program. Its five-year mission: to make sick dekes. To score more goals and body check aliens. To boldly split D's no one has split before!

Captain's log, stardate 20211026. This is James Teekirque of the United Federation of Planets Hockey Development Program (UFHD). Our course has taken us through a previously uncharted region on the border of the alpha and beta quadrants. We've found something truly there: a planet nearly identical to our home world of earth, circa 2021. One curious difference has made itself apparent already: a tremendous fixation with the sport of hockey. This bodes very well for the UFHD.

I am assembling a small away team of coaches and players to beam down to the planet and investigate. My assistant coach, Commander Spuck, will run practice in my absence. The locals have offered me a temporary position on one if their minor league teams, the Houston Bulls, as a gesture of good faith, and I think the experience well be very educational for everyone involved.

One thing is for sure, though: I am relieved we arrived here first. The primitive twenty first century netminders and defense our sensors have detected would have been utterly powerless in the face of the Romulans' quick release and sick snipes. I only hope we can prepare them for the eventuality of that encounter.

Teekirque out.

Edited by Mongoose87