Iron Eagles Were Down But Not Out

DollarAndADream

Vasteras Ties the Series

After going down 2-0 in the series to the Stockholm Vikings, the Vasteras Iron Eagles had a tough hill to climb. They proved in the next games that they were not out of this series.

StockholmTeamBar.pngStockholm Vikings vs. Vasteras Iron Eagles VasterasTeamBar.png

In Game 3 of this series, the Iron Eagles got off to a hot start in the 1st Period. Stockholm's Bob Beach took an early penalty to give the Iron Eagles an early PP. Jordan Heavens scored the PP marker at 4:07, to bring this game to 1-0. Two and a half minutes later at 6:34, Kyle Peace scored his 1st of the playoffs to give Vasteras a 2-0 lead. Then Mr Duk went to the box for Stockholm, and Vasteras took a stranglehold on this game. Shaggy Tipton scored on the PP to make it 3-0. Although, at 8:01, Omi Aberg scored for the Vikings, and this game was 3-1 heading into the 2nd. In the 2nd Period, Vasteras' Jocke Jockesson took a penalty to give Stockholm an early PP. Aldwin Craig scored his 2nd of the playoffs, and this game became very close at 3-2. Penalties went both ways after that, but both teams killed them off, and the score was 3-2 Vasteras heading in the 3rd. In the 3rd Period, there were shots galore, as Vasteras had the shot advantage at 21-14 in the 3rd. Kyle Peace scored at 6:41 to give the Iron Eagles the 4-2 lead, and then Braxton Hunter scored the dagger 5-2 goal, which ended up being the final score. Xavier Booberry was the story of this game, saving 41 of 43 shots for the Vasteras Iron Eagles.

StockholmTeamBar.pngStockholm Vikings vs. Vasteras Iron Eagles VasterasTeamBar.png

Game 4 of this series was a beating, and nothing but highlights for the Vasteras Iron Eagles. Outshooting the Stockholm Vikings 20-6 in the 1st Period, Vasteras took a commanding start to the game. Mr Duk from Stockholm took a penalty early, and Shaggy Tipton scored on the PP to bring it to 1-0. Only minutes later, Shaggy Tipton scored another goal to bring this one to 2-0. At 9:10, Omi Aberg took a diving penalty and sent Vasteras back to the PP. Willy Myers scored his 4th of the playoffs, and this game was starting to look bad for the Vikings. Kyle Peace then added another goal late in the 1st Period, and all of a sudden it was 4-0 heading into the 2nd. The 2nd Period was all Vasteras as well, and they capitalized on their power plays once again. Saku Kotkakoivu scored his 2nd of the playoffs halfway through the period on the PP, and then he added another one 24 seconds later. 2 goals from Saku, and this was now a 6-0 blowout. Late in the period, Kyle Peace added a 7-0 marker. The 3rd Period wasn't nearly as bad for the Vikings, but Vasteras still added a goal, when Willy Myers brought this game to a 8-0 score. Stockholm Vikings goaltender Em Em Flex stayed in for all 8 goals, saving 54 of 62 shots. Vasteras' Xavier Booberry had a 31 save shutout. Hard for a team to win a game when you're getting outshot 62-31, as the Vikings did.

review time: What's funny is I was just reading another media spot that's of a player from the Vikings, anyway I haven't read many of these game summaries but it is fun to see someone brake them down instead of how it looks on client. I like that you took the time to include team icons as well as making use of bold and underlines. There are a lot of numbers in here but I think that's fine for what it is, I think you included enough in here without going overboard or it becoming a wall of text. 9.5/10