Ixazaluoh Prepares for the Draft

Vice

IXAZALUOH PREPARES FOR DRAFT

With his VHLM Playoff Debut cut-short, Latin American Cadmael Ixazaluoh looks toward the upcoming drafts of the VHL and VHLE. Pretty consistently, Cadmael has charted well against others in his draft class, ranking usually among the top 10 on paper. Though noticeably, he has been left out of many pundits Top 10 counts and draft predictions, even being left out of first round predictions in some cases. When we asked Cadmael on his thoughts about this and the upcoming draft, he had this to say:

"I am just grateful for the opportunity to play. I have come from a place that has not quite heard of hockey, let alone played it. To me, all that matters is doing the best that I can for a team that needs me. Whether that team chooses to take me first, or last, wherever I end up, I want to have an impact. I believe that I let my skills speak for me this season, I do not need to rely on others to tell me that I am not up to expectations or meet the 'caliber' of others in the draft. I put everything I have on the ice, I stay as a source of encouragement and honesty in the locker room, and no matter where I end up, I will continue to do these things."

The Philadelphia Reapers suffered a devastating 3OT loss to the Minnesota Storm in the VHLM playoffs this past season. We asked Cadmael about his time with the team:

"Without the Reapers, I would not be Cadmael. These boys have taught me not only to play hockey, but to play it well. Mason (@Masu Chan) remained a source of leadership and guidance, as well as motivation to perform better for myself. The Janser boys I will miss playing with. Something about having both of them there was very motivating. Most of all though, I will miss my line-mate and friend for the whole season. El Coronel, himself. George Sanderson (@SpicyGecko). He was line partner through the rough beginning and the beautiful end. I am grateful for his companionship. I can only pray that the stars allow us to be linemates again soon."

Many teams GMs have been reaching out to prospective draft picks for pre-draft interviews. Have you done any so far, and if not what are you doing to prepare?

"I've done one, sort of. It was brief. As for preparation, well not much I can do aside from tell the staff on the team exactly what I told you. I want to work hard and have an impact from the get-go."

As the next big stepping stone for Ixazaluoh, this coming few weeks will certainly be a life-changer for him. Will he continue his success? Only time will tell.