Saku Ready for VHL

DollarAndADream

Saku Kotkakoivu is ready to move up to the VHL, after having a great season in the VHLE with the Vasteras Iron Eagles. After getting drafted high in the VHL Draft by the Calgary Wranglers, Saku elected to play down in the VHLE, despite some thinking otherwise. With fellow draftee Matty Fire tearing up the VHL in his rookie season, it was going to be interesting to watch how Saku Kotkakoivu performs in the VHLE.

In his season with the Vasteras Iron Eagles, Saku had 28 goals, 63 assists, and 91 points in 72 games. His Iron Eagles were 4th in a very competitive inaugural VHLE season.

In the playoffs, the Iron Eagles surprised many. They came back in both of their series against the Stockholm Vikings and Rome Gladiators to win the cup. Saku had 9 goals and 14 assists, for 23 points in 14 playoff games. He stepped it up alongside his teammate Willy Myers, as well as goaltender Xavier Booberry leading the way. All 3 had strong showings and look to become great VHLers.

"I just want to step into the VHL and show everyone what I got. I think I will gel well with my Wranglers teammates, and I fully believe we can win it all with our leadership and roster of players. I'm excited to make this next step and show that I belong." - Saku