A new assistant in Warsaw.

Underclass_Hero

7cDTL0b.png 

It might not be the most appealing addition to a Warsaw core that made the  VHL playoffs last season, but it was one that certainly had some room for discussion. Warsaw saw it's former assistant move on, and they needed a replacement. In would come the inexperienced, yet eager businessman, Calvin Brandt. Brandt is currently the overseer and General Manager of the SBA basketball team, The Seattle Knights, an organization he's had great success with. Brandt also has former ties with The Honolulu Titans, Fort Lauderdale Lightning, and currently works with the Beaumont Barons, ensuring their development for future success. Heck, Brandt even had a brief stint in football. His track record has led to finals appearances, a plethora of first round picks, and more. A feat he's looking to help follow through with in Warsaw, in the aforementioned finals appearances. When caught by reporters, Brandt would address his hiring: 

"It's exciting. I come in with this experience in basketball, and people are probably going to look at my hiring as a joke. As something I have no business being apart of. And maybe those comments are warranted. Maybe in fact, they're justified. Yet, when I had many interviews -- I was listening to each, and every word. Every comment. The things that were expected of other hires. I saw several people hired for the same positions I had applied for. It motivated me. It's not like, I don't know what I'm doing. I hate to toot my own horn, but I've been pretty successful doing this sports thing. And I know, I know -- Basketball isn't hockey. You can't exactly dribble a puck. But I've always had a philosophy of the way I operate in this business. It's not about the talent you possess, albeit that's a plus. It's the bond you create with your players. Football, basketball, and now, hockey. Those are the little things that matter the most. You look around, and observe EVERY GM, EVERY assistant, and they'll tell you the same damn thing. It's about the bond you give to these guys.  If you can connect with these players, and you can motivate them to succeed -- The wins will follow. I come in here wanting to succeed. I know what Warsaw is capable of. I know damn well that we're on the verge of something special here. And I can't wait to show you all what we're capable of. I'm excited for this chapter in my career. I'm excited to see where things lead, but most importantly? I'm excited to be a Warsaw Predator!

It appears to be an exciting time to be a Warsaw Predators fan. 

443 words.