Taking a break

JigglyGumballs

So hey, been a while eh? This is probably the least secretive secret I've ever had the pleasure of keeping, but I'm officially announcing that I am taking an indefinite break from the VHL. In the last two seasons or so, it was kind of obvious that I hadn't been paying the most attention in the VHL. Heck, I didn't even do a waiver offer in the entirety of last season. Literally going against what the VHLM is supposed to do. Keep in mind that this is in no fashion a type of flex or something. It shouldn't be something to be proud of honestly. I'll be the first to admit that in these past two seasons, I've completely mismanaged Las Vegas, leading it to be a shell of what it once was by the end of my tenure. All of this is just me emphasizing how hands off I've been in terms of this sim league.

So why have I been like this? Did I just lose motivation? Is it because of the amount of changes as of late? To be frank, motivation has just been one factor as to why I've been absent. The main reason is simply because I'm too busy in life. I'm in my senior year of high school with no real idea of where to go with my future. Sure motivation has been a factor for a while. I've just felt like I've enjoyed spending with my friends irl than being in the VHL, leading into my decline. But the fact that I've had a large focus on my future is the main reason why I've been gone, and will be gone from the VHL moving on. I know some people are content with a minimal presence in the VHL, and most people have work, along with a good chunk having school. Yet they're able to leave time for this sim league and contribute greatly. For me, it's not really the same situation. Life is simply too busy, and my motivation has taken a toll because of it. I really don't expect anyone to pity or sympathize with me. This is just a little bit of a vent at some of my regrets as of late. I regret not being a better GM and not being able to uphold my job of retaining new players. Honestly my tenure has been nothing but a meme. Call me a bitch if you want to, but I've always been hard on myself when it comes to the VHL. I always have high standards in what I do, what I can contribute, and the inputs I try to put in. Especially when I was still relatively new. So when things get busy and I don't hold up to the same standards I set myself to, I decide that it was time to set back.

Now I won't disappear from the VHL completely. Yeah I'm taking an indefinite break, but in reality, I'll be lurking a lot more. Kinda like how I am now. II'll check in every now and then, maybe like a few posts, bring out the popcorn on any drama. And by break, I don't mean any specific time. I might be back literally days after this post. Maybe it'll take me months. One way or another, I wanna come back when I feel comfortable in being able to max earn and go back to how I used to be. I still love the VHL, and this community has been one of the best I've had the pleasure of being in. I just hope that when I come back, I can fully commit to this place like before. So until then, I bid all of you a farewell.

11 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

So hey, been a while eh? This is probably the least secretive secret I've ever had the pleasure of keeping, but I'm officially announcing that I am taking an indefinite break from the VHL. In the last two seasons or so, it was kind of obvious that I hadn't been paying the most attention in the VHL. Heck, I didn't even do a waiver offer in the entirety of last season. Literally going against what the VHLM is supposed to do. Keep in mind that this is in no fashion a type of flex or something. It shouldn't be something to be proud of honestly. I'll be the first to admit that in these past two seasons, I've completely mismanaged Las Vegas, leading it to be a shell of what it once was by the end of my tenure. All of this is just me emphasizing how hands off I've been in terms of this sim league.

So why have I been like this? Did I just lose motivation? Is it because of the amount of changes as of late? To be frank, motivation has just been one factor as to why I've been absent. The main reason is simply because I'm too busy in life. I'm in my senior year of high school with no real idea of where to go with my future. Sure motivation has been a factor for a while. I've just felt like I've enjoyed spending with my friends irl than being in the VHL, leading into my decline. But the fact that I've had a large focus on my future is the main reason why I've been gone, and will be gone from the VHL moving on. I know some people are content with a minimal presence in the VHL, and most people have work, along with a good chunk having school. Yet they're able to leave time for this sim league and contribute greatly. For me, it's not really the same situation. Life is simply too busy, and my motivation has taken a toll because of it. I really don't expect anyone to pity or sympathize with me. This is just a little bit of a vent at some of my regrets as of late. I regret not being a better GM and not being able to uphold my job of retaining new players. Honestly my tenure has been nothing but a meme. Call me a bitch if you want to, but I've always been hard on myself when it comes to the VHL. I always have high standards in what I do, what I can contribute, and the inputs I try to put in. Especially when I was still relatively new. So when things get busy and I don't hold up to the same standards I set myself to, I decide that it was time to set back.

Now I won't disappear from the VHL completely. Yeah I'm taking an indefinite break, but in reality, I'll be lurking a lot more. Kinda like how I am now. II'll check in every now and then, maybe like a few posts, bring out the popcorn on any drama. And by break, I don't mean any specific time. I might be back literally days after this post. Maybe it'll take me months. One way or another, I wanna come back when I feel comfortable in being able to max earn and go back to how I used to be. I still love the VHL, and this community has been one of the best I've had the pleasure of being in. I just hope that when I come back, I can fully commit to this place like before. So until then, I bid all of you a farewell.

sometimes taking a step back and taking some YOU time is important. the league will still be here ❤️ take as much time as you need take care of yourself and kick ass in school 

I'll miss seeing you around the league. However, I know how important taking a break and stepping away when life gets busy. Come back when you're ready whenever that's a month, a year, or maybe it's never. That's okay. You gotta do what's best for you at the end of the day. Real life always comes first no matter what.