Ragnar Hagstrom talking with Brad about stuff

Grosgars

Sadly the Minnesota Storm has been defeated by the Ottawa Lynx in the secours round of the playoff in the VHLM. We talk to defenseman Ragnar Hagstrom and ask him what the future holds for him, how his first season was with the storm and some other subjects. 

Brad: Hi my name is Brad and I’m working for a local journal and wanted to ask you some questions, is it okay with you? Do you have time to answer? 

Hagstrom: Yes for sure. It’s the offseason I have all the time needed. 

Brad: First of all, how are you doing? 

Hagstrom: I'm doing very well, thanks.

Brad: What did you do in the offseason and what expect you to do? 

Hagstrom: With three drafts coming up, I did a lot of interviews and I feel good about them. Well right after the series versus Ottawa, I did fly back home to Uppsala to take my mind off hockey for a little bit but not that long, because my agent called me and told me that the VHL team and VHLE team wanted to meet me. After that I restarted training with my personal coach. We focused on some aspects of my game like skating, puck handling, stick plays and physical plays. I’m just trying to be a well rounded defenseman for the team that is going to select me in the near future. 

What is your opinion on the E expansion with your old team the Storm Relocated to Oslo and the Rush going to Geneva? 

Hagstrom: I am happy for Laine! He did an excellent job with us in Minnesota and I’m sure he is going to have success in the E. For the M it’s good, because the league will be more competitive. In the E it’s also good, I know that the league last season was so close that nobody wanted to trade picks or players. With the addition of these two teams, it’s going to help this league have more options for trades. 

Brad: Looking forward to the M draft, what do you think you will bring to the team that is going to draft you? 

Hagstrom: Well I did almost play a full year with Minnesota last season. That’s some experience that will help me this year. I will try to be a great leader, someone who can bring teammates together during difficult times and an all around great player on the ice, Simone who the team can trust in difficult situations during games. 

Brad: That’s great to hear. Do you have any objective during the next season? 

Hagstrom: The only objective is to make the playoffs and when we are in the playoff anything can happen. I will do everything in my power to bring my future team there. 

Brad: Do you have any team in particular that you would like to play for? 

Hagstrom: I know what you’re trying to do there. Ahah. I’m not going to say any teams names, but I have a list of teams that seem interested in me and would like to play for them. 

You have a possibility of being drafted to Stockholm who is very close to Uppsala. How would you feel playing there? 

That would be a dream come true if all my family could see me play and how well I am doing now. Also I could see them more and that is super exciting, but we never know, that’s only a possibility, a possibility that I would love, but it’s not 100% sure. 

Brad: Thank you for your time Ragnar and I wish you the best of luck in the draft and in your future. 

Hagstrom: It's my pleasure it’s always a fun time talking with you Brad, see you next time. 

629 words 

• 2 weeks later...

9/10

Nice interview article. The questions and answers go well together. I especially liked the end where you avoided answering a ''trick'' question. The comments about playing near home were cool to read as well. I think the article is easy to read. The structure is clean. Using colors could make the questions and answers pop out even more. A picture could be a nice addition.