Ottawa will make history

Steve

Great start to the season. Right off the bat Ottawa seems to have a bit of mojo. Of course there are several teams on the edge of becoming very strong teams. The Aces look very strong in this early season and I see no reason to think they won't be our main competition. I would assume that all teams are moving players around to see what works. The fun part of the season is all the adjustments that happen, you never know where or who you are playing with. I am happy to not be a GM that has to figure all that out. I really hope for some parity in the league. I mean it's great to be on a good team but there is always teams that dwell in the bottom half. As a development league, I guess that's how it goes.

Ottawa has a lot of tools in the bag. It shouldn't be too long to figure out who plays well and what the lines will end up being. One thing is that our defense, despite the high average TPA, isn't as dominate as it could be. I think player skills vary a lot and that's where your build comes into play. While there is always freedom to build how you want, certain types of builds will work better down the road and not so much out of the gate. Balance is key. When I first started in this league, I was told by some really talented players and Gms to not invest to much in one skill. Spread them out. I found this to be true while playing with Seattle. Bana is a great GM that gave me a few tips on what not to do. I used that advice with Max following a great career with Merrick.

To sum it all up and tie a bow on it. Ottawa will win the cup this season through hard work and that can do attitude.