Sergey Begins New Journey

Bulduray_1

Sergey Begins New Journey

Moscow - After a fun and successful VHL draft for the young and upcoming center, Sergey Preobrazhensky, he then turned his focus to the VHLE. Where he would stay for at least one season. When it came to the VHLE draft day, Sergey was over the moon, still not getting over being picked to play for Moscow. He expected himself to go mid 1st round and with multiple teams expressing interest, he knew that teams were looking into the fellow Russian.

Sergey attended the draft in his cozy home in Russia, with tons of family and friends. When draft time came around Sergey was glued front and center to his television. There was a lot of buzz around social media at the time, Sergey kept getting notifications for various social media apps until he finally turned them off. He didn’t exactly want to be caught up with all the rumors and gossip about the draft.

As the draft kept on playing, Sergey got a little discouraged. As the latter 1st round draft picks occurred, Sergey thought he wouldn’t be selected in the first round, making him furious. He saw the likes of his former San Diego teammates, Robert Wilk and Tadhg Byrne. He quickly congratulated them through texts. Although he was happy for his former teammates, he was still visibly frustrated that teams weren’t willing or confident enough to pick Sergey in the first round.

But Sergey’s emotions quickly did a 180 after finding out the 10th overall pick in the S81 VHLE Draft. Right before the pick, Sergey got a call from Geneva's GM @samx about looking to pick him up with the last pick of the VHLE draft. He enjoyed the thought of playing for the newly made Geneva Rush. Everything was a blur after that, a few short minutes later, he could hear the commissioner announcing his name, while his friends and family went stupid.

Sergey was very satisfied with the pick, sure, he might’ve wanted to get picked a bit earlier. But being on a relocated franchise is something Sergey expressed he would love to be apart of. You see, about a week ago before the draft, reports said that the VHLM teams, Yukon Rush and the Minnesota Storm would be relocating and moving up to the VHLE. These teams would then pick to move to Geneva and Oslo respectively. Sergey thought about the idea of moving to one of these teams, and he decided it was something he would like to take part in. He thought of it as a good challenge for himself, to test how well he could handle adversity. He knew he would have new and more demanding fans, a lot more rookies on the team and the pressure to start the franchise on the right foot.

After a few days, Sergey booked his flight from Moscow to Geneva to meet his new team and general manager. He met countless fans throughout his journey, and took his time to get to know them while signing autographs. Sergey sat in the first class and the ride was pretty smooth sailing for him - except for the occurrences of turbulence. He rested up on the plane, as he knew it was going to be a very hectic day ahead of him tomorrow when he finally arrived in Geneva.

The next day Sergey’s plane finally landed in Geneva, he was pumped to get started with his new team. When he made his way into the airport, he was flooded by reporters and cameramen, wanting to interview Sergey about playing for the Rush. Sergey thought none of it and took on a few questions with reporters.

Reporter: Welcome Sergey to Geneva! How are you feeling after both the VHL and VHLE drafts are done?

Sergey: Hello! It’s great to be here! I’m feeling great man, now all the worries of where and when I will be drafted are now lifted. Now I can focus on my game and continue work on being the best hockey player I can be. I hope to make the fans proud here.

Reporter: How are you feeling about playing for Geneva’s first ever VHLE Season?

Sergey: I would be lying if I didn’t say I’m somewhat nervous, but that’s natural. I’m excited to carry this team on my back and bring the city the success it deserves.

Reporter: What are you looking forward to the most, when playing for Geneva?

Sergey: There are many different things I look forward to while playing for the Rush. But I’d say getting to know my teammates while we make magic on the ice is something I’m stoked about the most.

A few days later Sergey and the newly drafted recruits were called into the newly-made Geneva practice facility. And it was no short of a surprise for Sergey, after arriving upon the facility, Sergey had a great first impression on the team. With a great big team facility, it was nothing like Sergey had ever seen before. Sure, those San Diego training facilities were great, but Geneva’s facilities were on another level, including 2 skating rinks, new training equipment and amazing massage rooms. Sergey and his new teammates used the training time to get to know each other and go through some hockey strategy.

It wouldn’t be long until Sergey made his first ever VHLE appearance with the Geneva Rush. “It was a feeling I could not describe on the ice, you had the fans roaring louder than I’ve ever heard. I knew this was the beginning of my new journey.” Sergey said proudly after the game. So far in the season, Sergey has played in 6 games, recording 6 points (3 goals/3 assists) with 8 hits and 2 shots blocked to top it all off.

Sergey made an astonishing accomplishment playing his first ever game in the VHLE. He is one more step away from making it to the big leagues with Moscow. Although there is still a lot to learn for the young Preobrazhensky, we’ll know for a fact that he’ll make some great strides this season. 

Words 1017
Claiming 11/28 and 12/05

Edited by Bulduray_1

What a fun read, Sergey seems like a guy I could root for throughout his career. While the piece was a bit hard to read with some of the choppy sentences, I found myself reading through it because I got to like Sergey a lot. He was really worried about not getting drafted in the first round, but when it happened he was so excited and honestly that's how I envision my draft process going when I get to this level in my career. It's awesome that he ended up being a first rounder after congratulating his fellow draftees which probably killed him to do when he was still left unpicked. Hopefully he makes it to the big leagues soon.

10/10

9.5/10

Super fun and engaging read. Love to hear about the willingness to play for a new team that is just coming into the league. I like the format. The use of different colours is nice and makes it look fun! I would suggest using maybe a picture maybe in the future. Other than that, the article is nice and well done. Congrats on being picked in the first and good luck to your player this season!