Award Watch: Warsaw Predators

dlamb

H28lfNG.jpg

32 games into Season 81, the Warsaw Predators currently hold a respectable 19-10-3 record, good for 4th in the European Conference, and 5th overall in the entire Victory Hockey League. Along with this, the Polish squad has scored the third most goals in the league, sitting just behind Vancouver and Moscow at 160 goals for. 

The goals have come by committee for the Predators, with every player but one currently scoring at a point-per-game pace. This has led a few players particularly to become the frontrunners for awards at season's end.

LW Chris Reynolds, the team's captain, is leading both on and off the ice this season, currently in the pole position of the Kevin Brooks Trophy, awarded to the top goal scorer. He has a 2 goal lead over Jerome Reinhart :que:, Rhynex Entertainment :nya:, and Duncan Idaho :mos:, so I expect this to come down to the wire. He is also 4 points back of Idaho for the Mike Szatkowski Trophy, awarded to the top point scorer. 

Mentions also have to go to C Muffbeav and LW-turned-RW Brian Moreau, who are both in the top 10 for goals and points respectively. They definitely have an outside shot to catch the leaders if Warsaw keeps scoring at the same pace.

And finally, we have youngster LW Zach Kisslinger II, drafted 14th Overall in Season 80, who just today took over the rookie scoring lead (20+30=50) building a case for the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy, awarded to the league's best rookie. 

I am very happy with how the team has preformed thus far, and am super excited to watch what happens the rest of the season. I'm sure there's more players you could build a case for, but that's all the words we have time for today!

(300-ish Words)