nurx's "Late" Night Talks

nurx

On 12/11/2021 at 4:29 AM, nurx said:

https://anchor.fm/nurx/episodes/nurxs-Late-Night-Talks-Ep--3-e1bi665

Talking about my future ideas. Hope to hear everyone's thoughts except @JardyB10

Feel free to share any of the stat stuff we talk about. The more eyes on it the better. I prefer making exceedingly stupid graphics for my TPE. If I was to make an actual MS I'd need so much data that I don't have access to. Or I wouldn't even be able to start doing what I'd like to do with it. So for now that's more of a pipe dream than something planned.

Edit:

Leadership - The higher the stat, the better his morale and his team morale will be.
Morale - Affect all game stats at beginning of game. The higher the stat, the higher the players performance boost will be. (It's combined with the Team Morale)

This is straight from the manual for the game. So the interesting thing about Leadership isn't what 1 player having leadership is. The interesting thing, that would require client access with the same slider settings as the VHL (presumably) to test; Is what happens if ALL your players have 70 leadership? How well written is this formula in STHS? How high is the max gain etc. Would it be possible for a full leadership team to get an absolutely stupid boost to scoring? because 99 scoring is the cap, so the real question if you want to Meta build as hard as humanly possible is this: How do you break the 99 cap? If a full team of high(ish) leadership players could have relevant impact on that scaling. It's honestly a very interesting avenue to look at. But outside of controlled sim testing it would be all but impossible to tell.

Edited by Shindigs
Some dank manual stuff

On 12/10/2021 at 9:29 PM, nurx said:

Talking about my future ideas. Hope to hear everyone's thoughts except @JardyB10

Too bad.

From what I can recall from testing it years ago, you could be quite right about Leadership being underrated, but it’s to the extent @Shindigs speculated on above.

From what I could tell (and remember), morale very may well have a noticeable effect on sims. It seems like teams that start the season poorly (lowering morale) have an uphill battle for the rest of the season. And probably vice versa.

However, if you look at two teammates - one with 99 Leadership and one with 40 - I believe you’ll find that their individual Morale will be pretty much the same all season. In fact, everyone on the team has virtually the same morale as each other all season.

Which leads to a few questions and assumptions. Does the whole team have to get on board with Leadership and Experience in order for it to make a quantifiable difference on Morale thus performance? Is our base line of attributes being 40 too high for some stats like Leadership, to the point where it’s already at diminishing returns?

Therefore I do think it would be worth it for a group of players to get on board to up Leadership to 60 or 70 and see what happens. The potential crux here is bots fucking up the experiment, since they often technically account for nearly half a roster.

1 minute ago, JardyB10 said:

Therefore I do think it would be worth it for a group of players to get on board to up Leadership to 60 or 70 and see what happens. The potential crux here is bots fucking up the experiment, since they often technically account for nearly half a roster.

At least those feisty little tin cans have 99 experience. But yeah 70 leadership is like 2 weeks of TPE. So it wouldn't be a massive investment to test. But good luck getting a whole team on board without having proven it to work.